“Amazing food!”
Review of Mother Anna's

Mother Anna's
Reserve with OpenTable
Mother Anna's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #252 of 3,583 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: USD 30 - USD 40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: North End
Cross street: Between Cross St. and Richmond St.
Transit: Congress St @ Hanover St (191, 192, 193) Haymarket Station - Outbound (Orange Line) Haymarket Station - Inbound (Orange Line)
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Sitting outside to eat was the perfect dinner spot near where we ended our walking tour. Our guide had recommended this place and we were starving! The service wasn’t very good at all. Our server seemed frazzled and even one of the other servers made comments to us about her. Server spilled our Sangria, took forever to come back to us, we had to ask for bread, and she never brought me a new napkin after I had to use the one I had to clean up the sangria she spilled.
However, the food is amazing!! My husband said that the eggplant rollatini was the best he’s ever had. The salads had the best house dressing. I got the veal margarita which was good but a little too rich for my belly. When I think of margarita, I think of a red sauce but this had just cheese and a buttery white wine broth. It’s been years since I’ve had veal so maybe I don’t know my dishes. My husband ordered the gnocchi Juliana. Wow! His was full of seafood and the gnocchi was perfect. Such an amazing sauce. I had a side of linguine with my veal and it was good also. She said the linguini is made in house.
Prices are about what I would expect. We had an appetizer, 2 entrees, and a carafe of Sangria and our bill was $79 before tip. If only the Service had been better I would have easily given this visit an excellent rating.

1  Thank momof4inmd

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed the food a lot. The antipasto was varied and fresh. The veal Roberto was lovely crumbed veal, an excellent garlic sauce and prawns. However the service was odd. I was still chewing the veal and my wife was still eating it off her plate when we were approached and asked if we wanted to see the desert menu. I am not sure what the rush was. We paid the bill and left. The bathrooms need a good clean. The food was excellent but the other matters blotted its copybook.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Their tomato sauce is really outstanding, being not too strong or overpowering. It is slightly on the sweeter side. The place was packed on a Saturday night, but we had reservations.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Best Italian food I've ever tasted
Really nice staff
Good value for money
I'm off back to hotel, I'm totally stuffed
Many thanks

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Had a great seafood pasta.....really tasty and huge portion. Went for the Tiramisu to finish things off....what a disappointment....bland...no coffee or brandy taste...suspect not home made !