“Great lobsters”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #147 of 3,434 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: USD 20 - USD 50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, View, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Atlantic Ave.
Transit: Aquarium Station (Blueline)
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods - really fresh fish. Enjoy ocean-side dining just steps from the New England Aquarium. Our restaurant couldn't be more convenient to the Financial District, Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall and waterfront hotels. We think a visit to Boston must include a meal at Legal Sea Foods. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there's no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We've received a boatload of accolades including "Most Popular Boston Restaurant" (Zagat, 2011/2012), "Best Seafood Restaurant" (Improper Bostonian, 2010), "Best Chowder" (Boston Magazine, 2010), "Best Seafood Restaurant" (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We went to Legal Sea Foods at Long Wharf for dinner. Our appetizers were good but very large (each was big enough for 2 people). Both of us had lobsters for dinner which were great. We finished our meal with a delicious piece of carrot cake which we shared! Overall great meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,391)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We heard from several locals that this was the place to go for lobster and boy were they right. Probably the only negative part of the visit was having to pay a fortune to park at the parking garage close to the restaurant. The restaurant does not own the garage and it would have probably been cheaper to take an Uber. The staff was excellent taking their time to explain all the different beverages, and menu items in detail. The food was excellent! Had the stuffed lobster, which was enough for two or three people.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

When sea food goes beyond expectations! Great dining. Good time had by all. Baked stuffed lobster perfect and worth every penny. Overall dining experience was festive and fun. Friendly staff and nice nautical décor. Enjoy!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We visited this restaurant while in Boston and OMG it was SOOOOOOO bad!!! We went into it knowing that it is touristy in Boston, but it was conveniently located and we have had decent food at the LSF where we live (DC). To start with it smelled overwhelmingly like some chemical or maybe paint when we walked in. We got seated fairly quickly but that is the only good thing that happened. The service was slow slow slow, there was no ice in my iced tea and I couldn't get a waiter's attention to bring me some, and the restaurant should have been embarrassed to serve us our food. My husband got a Mediterranean salad that was iceberg lettuce, tons of feta cheese, and a total of about 4 kalamata olives that were cut up in such tiny little bits that we all had to laugh. I had a mediocre lobster roll and my son had a mediocre hamburger. We allowed ourselves over an hour to eat lunch, but because of the slow slow slow service we were late to an appointment. I would never go back to this particular LSF and I really don't think I will ever go back to any of their other locations either.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I usually try to avoid chain restaurants, but Legal Seafood has the formula down. Their lobster rolls and crab rolls are excellent. I went to Legal Seafood at the Boston Airport to grab a quick meal and found service and food quality excellent. This is a chain worth going to.

Been to Legal Sea Foods? Share your experiences!