“Pre ball game meal”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Very busy on the night we visited before a red sox game, initially told 20 minute wait but only about 10. Seated next to other fans on communal table, ordered one of the platters to share, food was good and hearty. Good selection of beers, good service

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

BBQ in Bean Town?? Yes!! Best biscuits I have ever eaten! Big, bold, and flakey. Perfect with their honey butter. Pork ribs full of succulent meat: just the right mix of perfectly seasoned meat, fat, and bone. Beef brisket best chopped and mixed with their heavenly sauce. Fried chicken perfect. Cole slaw very coarse and crispy but with all the right ingredients. Not drowning in sauce. Beans satisfied everyone. We ordered custom plates of different items and then shared. We (all Texans) were blown away with the quality.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

A walk down Boylston from Fenway. A fun vibe. Outside seating on a nice summer day. Delicious flaky biscuit with whipped honey butter. 2 meat Tray was with pulled chicken and sausage and a hot side of beans and a cold side of farm salad. Drinks were ok. BBQ sauce delicious. Draft wine expensive and small. Overall good service and food. What’s the “kitchen appreciation “ automatically added to my bill?

Reviewed 10 August 2018

A number of faithful Fenway fans had recommended this Top Chef (Stephanie Faison) restaurant to me. When my sweet BBQ loving son-in-law scored tickets to a Red Sox Yankee 4th game show down, I knew THIS was the place to eat.

We arrived to Sweet Cheeks shortly after 6 pm on a VERY hot, muggy night in advance of an 8 PM ballgame start. We were greeted and told 40 minutes but were seated in less than 15, SCORE! Given water IMMEDIATELY upon being seated (right in front of the kitchen) on this very warm night was greatly appreciated.

Our waiter (name unknown) appeared promptly, took our already decided drink and meal orders. The requested Sweet Cheek highly recommended biscuits arrived to assuage our growling tummies. They were "good" but not being a real biscuit connoisseur, I would have to say both of us thought the delightful honey butter made the biscuit more tasty than it actually was. Maybe it would have been better if it were warmer??
Onto the main course were we both ordered the pulled pork but with different sides. Pork: DELICIOUS! Tender, flavorful, well seasoned. We both had the coleslaw: Crispy, tangy, yummy &topped with crunchy house made pickles that were delightful.
I opted for the farm salad as my alternate side and have to say this was THE BEST salad I have ever had! So diverse in ingredients & a very light dressing, it was deemed my "plate favorite"! My SIL had the baked beans as his other side and thought they were not only tasty but provided a non-spicy dipping sauce for his pulled pork. I, on the other hand, took advantage on all 3 table top provided sauces ranging from vinegary tangy to hot as hel* habenaro and loved all 3.
We were out by 7:45 and just in time to watch the start of the Red Sox sweep of the Yankees in 10 innings in the early morning hours,
My only complaint of this establishment was that is was almost unbearable hot in the resturant which is one of the reasons I did not order one of their famous & highly recommended Bloody Marys. Also, we were seated in full view of the kitchen and their chefs. I will say no more ~~

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

My friend and I heard that their biscuits were delicious so when we walked by and it was dinner time anyways we are here. Sure enough, the food what great. Not a fan of their baked beans or their potato salad, but thats just me being a southern BBQ snob... The meat was perfect and the sauces delicious.