“Very good BBQ in Boston!”
Review of Sweet Cheeks Q

Sweet Cheeks Q
Ranked #177 of 3,585 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Reviewed 5 May 2017

I had the two meat tray with lean brisket and ribs. None of the meat was sauced and it was very well seasoned and I only used a little of the house sauce on the brisket. The ribs were done perfect and very flavorful. I had the slaw and beans for my sides. I really liked the slaw but found the beans to be a little too thick and dry.

I sat outside and the server was very attentive but once I placed my order it took longer than I would expect for BBQ place where the food is already cooked.

I will definitely return here as I want to try some of their other meats and sides. I did not get a biscuit but they looked really good.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

We were wandering about the Fenway Park area prior to a baseball game, searching for somewhere to eat. Just a few blocks from the stadium we saw this restaurant-"Sweet Cheeks". Oh, my! What a find! The biscuits were the best I've ever eaten, and I am not exaggerating. We had a tray with 3 meats: ribs, brisket, and pork butt. They were all so delicious we didn't even add any sauce. But the sauces were right there, and mighty tasty if you want them. Don't miss this casual, fun place to dine.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Good BBQ decent choices pulled pork is very good, not too much sauce to overwhelm the pork. Same with the brisket, they have a BBQ and regular version, the regular was very good. They let the meat and the smoke stand on their own and it works. Ribs are too sweet and too salty for me. However the biscuits make it worth the trip.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

My daughter and I tried Sweet Cheeks based on the reviews. The biscuits are worth the trip, and my daughter said the Mac and cheese was very good. Our service was excellent. However, being from NC and having had Texas BBQ, we weren't impressed. The pulled pork and the collards were greasy. We visited on a Saturday, and they don't offer a lunch menu on the weekend. Beef ribs were good. Overpriced for what we had.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

Great, tasty food. Nice atmosphere. Loved the pulled pork so much - went there twice during my 2 weeks Boston stay

Been to Sweet Cheeks Q? Share your experiences!