“Best Tapas in Boston”

Ranked #354 of 3,263 Restaurants in Boston
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Jamaica Plain
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

This is a gem in JP Boston, we went to JP because one of our cabs drivers recommend the street for bar hopping and tapas. It was the best thing we did that weekend!

Tres gatos is a small spanish restaurant with a lot of character. We have the gambas this is the must delicious gambas I've ever had in my life and thats a lot because we love to travel! We also try the cucumber chick pigeons croquettes, very refreshing and delicious dish too.

The service and the ambience is great, they even have a vinyl store in the back of the restaurant , my boyfriend love vinyls and went to get some and they even gave him a free Judy Garland record!

Don't forget to go here if you are in Boston!!!!

David D, Owner at Tres Gatos, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Hi Alejandro: I just wanted to thank you for giving Tres Gatos a try, and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your meal, and a visit to the record store! We really appreciate your taking the time to write a review, and hope to see you the next time you visit Boston. Cheers, David

There are newer reviews for Tres Gatos

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Went there with 2 of my friends for brunch today. They have pretty good choices of plates to share. I love the sweet patato pancakes and the shrimps. Nice spot for weekend brunch.

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

The dishes kept coming & so did our enjoyment. Blistered shishito peppers were flavorful & had a nice kick. Next was an assortment of warm olives, chickpea fritters, tortilla Espanola (a potato pie , Lamb Bocadillo (one of the tastiest lamb burgers I've ever had), Valenciana Paella & to finish, churros (Spanish donuts to dip in chocolate) for dessert. Everything cooked & seasoned perfectly. The service was friendly, attentive & I love an open kitchen. Overall, it was a wonderful evening.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

What a hidden gem! A friend recommended Tres Gatos and was spot on. Great energy, nice quality and variety of food and quaint environment. Look forward to coming back for dinner. A must!

David D, Owner at Tres Gatos, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Hi Stephen: I just wanted to say thank you for giving Tres Gatos a try, and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your brunch and hope you can join us for dinner soon. Hoping for great patio weather in the near future! Cheers, David

Reviewed 13 February 2017

What a cozy place for a snowy winter night. Almost everything we ordered was excellent, with the exception of a red cabbage dish which was very tough and hard to eat.

David D, Owner at Tres Gatos, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Thanks so much for giving Tres Gatos a try, and for sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you enjoyed most of your meal, but sorry you didn't care for the cabbage dish. Please know that it's extremely important to the entire team that you enjoy everything about your experience. In the future, if something is not to your liking, please let your server know and we will do our best to either re-make the dish to your liking or surprise you with something else. Hope to see you again soon. Cheers, David