“Only Scottish Pub in Boston”
Review of The Haven

The Haven
Reserve with OpenTable
The Haven is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #152 of 3,556 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: USD 13 - USD 23
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Jamaica Plain
Cross street: Centre Street
Transit: The 39# Bus stops at Perkins St/Huntington Ave. Orange line T stop is Jackson Square with a 4 minute walk up Centre Street. Green E-line T stop is Heath Street and a four minute walk along South Huntington Ave.
Description: Welcome to New England's first and only Scottish Restaurant. Food made from scratch and with love. We are the place to come for your Scotch Egg fix, Scottish Salmon, Haggis neeps and tatties or even a Deep Fried Mars Bar. We offer over 30 Scottish Craft Beers, unique Cocktails, Scottish music and a great Brunch, Dinner and Late Night scene. With numerous accolades from Best local Bar to Buzzfeed's Best Burger in USA (!) we are worth a visit while in Boston. Stop by on your way to Sam Adams or from Doyles. We offer Scottish hospitality with free live music two nights a week and something for everyone.
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Great service with Courtney. Great Scotch selection and whiskeys. Sausage-wrapped deviled egg. Unique menu and interesting cocktails. Casual and charm.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

We picked the Haven by chance. We were so pleased with our choice. It's a small, kinda dark place with a huge personality. Our waitress, Diana, was superb. She knew the food well and was able to describe items that were not familiar to us. There's a nice drinks menu. I tried a new to me gin, which was good and a huge pour.
For appetizers, we tried the Scottish egg, pickles & Bridies. All tasty. Entrees were haggis, fish & chips, sassitch. Everything was cooked just right and delicious. We tried sticky date pudding and the fried Mars bar for dessert and left barely able to walk down the hill. Highly recommend.

1  Thank GBS311
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I dined at this restaurant earlier tonight (6/26/18). Me and my brother in law had the Belhaven Braised Lamb Shank dinner while my sister had the Seared Scottish Salmon.and they were all cooked to perfection. The place had a very nice atmosphere and everyone who served us, treated us very well.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I am a big fan of this place, for dinner or lunch. I'll focus on the lunch menu here. There are several tasty sandwiches and other appetizers, all well priced, at the Haven. The Sassitch Sandwich has a flavorful house made sausage with pickled red onions and a nice sharp mustard. I've also had the Fish Sandwich (beer battered with House tartar sauce) and Haven Burger. All are excellent. I chose to go with the salad over the fries, which I immediately regretted because of the home made ketchup that accompanied it. The salad was very good, but man, that ketchup! Parking can be a bit tricky in this neighborhood, but not so bad during weekday lunch times. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Never had Haggis before..wasn’t bad. Neeps were tasty. Cheese board had nice portions and the cheese went very nicely with the whiskey flight. Burger was delicious. Nice atmosphere...tight seating but felt authentic. Great service. Would return.

1  Thank kimberly s