“Pleasant Surprise”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: North End
Cross street: Hanover Street
Transit: Within walking distance of the following T stations blue line: Aquarium, orange/green lines: Haymarket and North Station(commuter rail)
Description: Welcome to Davide, Boston's premier authentic Italian restaurant. Located in the Historic North End, Davide has continued to serve outstanding regional Italian cuisine for more than two decades. Davide is proud to have been an integral part of the North End’s incredible dining scene for over 20 years. Our doors first opened in 1982 and ever since then we have provided Boston with the highest quality culinary creations. Our talented chefs pool their collective years of experience to create dishes that reflect the rich traditions of Northern Italy and at the same time amaze diners with their originality. Their work has earned Davide numerous accolades — "Best Italian" - Pat Whitley Show and Phantom Gourmet - "Greatness" — over the years, including a Five-Diamond award from AAA, a rating of Excellent from Zagat Survey, and recognition as one of the nation’s top 50 Italian restaurants.
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Davide was exceptional . The dining room is so pretty and spread out with confortable high back booths. The service was very good and very hospitable. Their pasta was all fresh pasta . I had a linguine and clam sauce that was delightful and my husband had the Veal chop that was huge and cooked to perfection. The lemocelllo cake was so so good and the owner sent over a complementary shot of lemoncello to make a perfect match. Grazie Davide!!! WE WILL BE BACK

Reviewed 30 March 2013

I start to say that I'm Italian,so I know Italian food very well.Last summer I've been to the States to visit my American girlfriend and we spent in Boston last days of our holiday.The first night in Boston we went to Davide restaurant for our dinner (I saw this restaurant on a TV show in Italy so I decided to try it when I was in Boston) I booked our table by internet. The restaurant inside has a nice atmosphere,waiters are professionals,good service. My girlfriend got a white wine Pinot Grigio Zonzin,a little starters were offered by the restaurant,then we ordered two Torta Tuscano,as pasta one Gnocchi Truffle for her and Fettuccine with Scallops for me,mineral water and Italian coffee!Food was very good,all dishes are made with good and fresh ingredients,many ingredients are Italian,pasta is hand made by the chef and owner Frank. At the end of our dinner Frank came to visit us and we had a nice conversation,he also speaks some Italian! Good food,if you are looking for a good Italian restaurant in Boston this is the right place where to go,I think the price is appropriate for this kind of restaurant. I hope to come back very soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Upon arriving this past Sunday for our 5:30pm reservations, the restaurant was completely empty and my wife looked at me funny. Just a few weeks ago, we had 5:30pm reservations at another North End restaurant on a Sunday and would NOT have got in without them. That was the first odd thing. The second odd thing was the restaurant was chilly. It was also odd that the nicely set tables in this otherwise romantic setting didn't have candles on them. Initially service was great (we were the only ones there until almost 6:00). The warm bread and dipping oil was delicious. Our appetizer special consisting of mozarella, prosciutto, oil, and balsamic was delicious. But then a few more tables came, and our host, who was also the waiter, who was also the food runner, who was also the bartender, who was also the busboy, got busy........not because it was busy, but because he was running the whole place. Kind of a comedy show, kind of felt bad for the guy - he was so nice and did as best he could. Upon our departure around 8:00pm, there were 5 other tables sat. We ordered the "table side service" $22 Caesar salad - finally got it 20 minutes after our appetizer was finished. All the salad ingredients were on a cart, and we could see the waiter making it (doing a great job and delicious) but oddly enough he was making it across the room at an empty table, NOT ours!! Also odd, I was surprised not to find eggplant parm, veal parm, or chicken parm on the menu, but we made do. Our lasagna came and it was good (not hot, but warm) - had a wierd unappetizing orange tomato sauce - tasted good, look wierd. Parking nearby at lots was $14 to $16 - very reasonable considering the garage on the other side (greenway side) of the North End costs $35. We wanted to go to Davide because we had seen it on Kitchen Nightmares. We truly liked the brothers and wanted to give them some business - we did see one of the brothers arrive 20 minutes after our arrival. Again.....an odd visit, not really sure what to make of our experience, sadly though wouldn't go back.

2  Thank Scott P
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We recently dined at Davide and enjoyed our experience overall. The atmosphere was as we remembered it from several years ago: cozy and romantic. The cocktails were delicious. Menu choices were good but we expected a more expanded menu as they advertised on their website. Parking was conveniently located within a block from the restaurant. Love their warm bread. Our veal dishes were good, not excellent. Service was good. The maitre d' was very friendly.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

We had seen Davide on the Restaurant makeover show and living close to Boston decided to try it out. We went on a Thursday night and the place had two other tables in use and we were asked if we had a reservation. We were seated and then left for almost 20 minutes before we were even asked if we wanted a drink. The food, when it arrived was fine, but not anything we would go out of our way for again. The $18 parking along with the expensive dinner price was just not worth it. There are plenty of places in the North End of Boston to eat that are much cheaper with quality food.

1  Thank maxwellkg