All reviews whole foods front desk these complaints pump bottles barn door hand held european style hotel rain shower modern design great shower great hotel couple nights home base lobby staff shower stall south end the general manager
Reviewed 12 April 2018

I would recommend this hotel close until they can resolve their new hotel growing pains. I stayed at the Courtyard North Station 10 days after they opened and the issues they had were minor in comparison to the AC Boston Downtown. I will never stay at the AC Boston Downtown again.

Check in - As a Platinum member I expect the front desk to know what they are doing. This property did not know how the AC brand Platinum welcome gift works, that was confirmed when another staff member contradicted the first person with the usual policy. As a new property it is customary to tell first time guests how to locate the elevator. The signs are on the wrong wall in relation to the check in desk.

My First Room - This room is what ruined my entire stay. There were two blood stains on the bed pillow and a Victoria Secret tag on the floor, I have no idea what happened in this room before me. That made the dirty bathroom minor. Speaking of the bathroom, all of the shower toiletries are locked up in a cage vs the normal sample bottles. It felt like a roadside motel that doesn't trust it's guests. Initially the front desk said to go out and have dinner and come back and they will clean the room. They should have cleaned the room before I arrived, so I insisted on a new room. And their apology offer, free dinner. My safe broke at the Marriott Copley years ago and I received 20,000 Marriott Points. If you mess up offer something the guest actually wants. Or have more options than just free dinner.

My Second Room - They were nice enough to upgrade me to a corner room facing the city. Well I can confirm that you can hear all the road noise from the highway next to the hotel. I even heard the impact of the minor fender bender 6 stories below. And the giant billboard with neon lights on the north side of the hotel shines right into your room. And if you close the blinds you won't be able to see anything in the room because there are only small desk lamps and bed lights. Enjoy sitting in the dark. Whoever is responsible for filling the waters and replacing the coffee cups needs to make sure those are on the room cleaning check list. The safe is tiny and not large enough for a laptop.

The Gym - Nice new equipment. However just assume the free water in the fridge will not be there. Consistently empty.

More Front Desk Problems - In the evenings there is consistently a 10 minute wait to see someone at the front desk. I tried to purchase ice cream, and after waiting 10 minutes for someone to help me I found the ice cream melted by the time I got to my room. They are frequently out of items, such as soda. And they do not know how to balance so many things happening at once, the phone rings which is their #1 priority over the guests standing in line. And if one person has an issue wait another 10 minutes since now both reps will be helping 1 guest.

Surrounding area - Best thing is Whole Foods next door. The T is a 10 minute walk under the highway. So if there is bad weather it is very inconvenient compared to other Boston Marriott's.

You would never guess that this property opened this year, I would have thought it was 10 years old with this many problems. Thankfully there are plenty of other Marriott properties in Boston that I never have to return to the AC Boston Downtown.

Room tip: Get a room in another hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Case1096
Matthew M, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for the review on TripAdvisor, I know it is personally hard sometimes to have a mirror reflected on your operation. Please accept my sincere apology again for the various encounters you document in such great detail. We did communicated about your visit yesterday via another channel, however this review has much more detail than your last which I appreciate, as it makes us a better organization. The problems experienced are highly regrettable and I can tell you if every guests experience was like yours we would quickly be out of business. As a property that has been open 5 weeks we have had many successes as evidence by our tremendous TripAdvisor reviews thus far, but have faced some challenges that all new properties face. Please know that our management team and associates are committed to operating a world class property and we learn from every piece of feedback that we collect. I am not going to necessarily go point, counter point with you as it would be unproductive. I do want to ensure that this issue is closed properly with your satisfaction in mind.

Please feel free to contact me directly to resolve the issue at hand. I can be reached at mmoore@colwenhotels.com

Reviewed 9 April 2018

The AC Marriott Downtown Boston Hotel absolutely exceeded all of our expectations. Matt (the GM) and the entire staff treated us like royalty from check-in to check-out. It was really like staying with a friend !! The hotel is truly amazing -- it is brand new with the look and feel of a Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons but without any of the nonsense you don't need. The location is also ideal -- close to the airport and to all of the Boston attractions. If you are lucky enough to find availability at this great place -- book your stay right away -- I promise you will not be disappointed. The team at the Downtown Boston AC has really figured out what matters most to travelers, combining a unique balance of sophistication and practicality. I feel lucky we found this hotel and look forward to staying there when business or pleasure takes us to Boston again,

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Matthew M, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for the 5 star review and words of praise for the team and the property in general. I am glad that you picked the AC Hotel Boston Downtown for your accommodations this week. We can't wait to have you back with us in the near future.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

I stayed in this hotel for a convention this weekend and had a great time! The bartenders Jan and Dennis made the trip that much better! Their recommendations on drinks and food was perfect, fast service, and keep you entertained. From storytelling to telling jokes, it was never a dull moment with those guys. For what we needed for a hotel location wise, the rooms also came at a good price compared to its competitors. Great stay!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for the perfect review. I am glad that we exceeded your expectations in the AC Lounge. Jan and Dennis are excellent and really get customer service. I hope we have a chance to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Best hotel I've ever stayed at! I've been coming to Boston for paxeast for 8 years and this is hands down the best and most friendly hotel I've stayed at. The staff is so helpful friendly and welcoming they make you feel like you're part of the Mariot family! The food is a little pricey but is simply amazing best hotel food ever! There are no words that can express how amazing the staff is the bar staff above all else are the most friendly relaxed and welcoming bartenders I've ever drank with honestly top notch service and hospitality!! Denis (the legend) has more stories than I can count with a great attitude and sense of humor to match! J (sorry I didn't catch how to spell your name you know you're my brother man) you and Denis are the best bartenders in history and when I the best I mean it! J I hope you enjoy your much deserved vacation hope to see you soon and legand you can hold it down for a week
Thank you to all the hotel staff that made this trip the best ever!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for the wonderful praise for the Hotel and staff. I will be delighted to show your review with Jan and Dennis so that they can be proud of their work on being great ambassadors. I hope to see you back with us soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel met my expectations. It is brand new so everything is in amazing shape and nice quality. The check in process was extremely smooth. They front desk was very welcoming. The valet driver was very helpful and kind. We had a room that faced the expressway which at times we could hear the traffic (which is to be expected). The room was very nice but on the smaller side. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was nice. I love the soap, shampoo/conditioning dispensers. The bottles are never enough . The one thing I would say is the room was very dark. The room in which I stayed in only had two small reading lights in the main part of the room and that was it. During the day when the sun was out I didn’t notice an issues bc we had a huge window however, in the evening the room was very dark. It would have been nice to have some more lighting. I look forward to staying in the future.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Matthew M, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thank you for the review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate the feedback both positive and constructive as it makes us a better organization. We will take the feedback regarding lighting to our design team to see what alternatives are available to us. I hope to see you as a geust of ours again very soon.