All reviews whole foods rain shower pump bottles barn door hand held european style hotel front desk south end home base couple nights great shower shower stall great hotel rooms are modern minute walk the general manager quiet room
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Just stayed there last night - we were in town to visit Northeastern. The hotel is brand new and quite nice, and our room was in the back facing the Whole Foods parking lot so it was not noisy.
Rooms are nicely decorated. Two minor things - not enough light, room was very dark. The rainfall shower head is not good as one head in a big shower with rainfall pressure makes for very cold surroundings. When I checked in, front desk kept insisting I had two reservations (which made me nervous as I would have had to pay for both) which was incorrect.
You can't walk anywhere, and there are no restaurants or bars around, and the parking is $50.00 per night which is standard in Boston, but I would stay here again because the hotel is new.

Room Tip: Back side.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dsjorgy
Matthew M, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thank you for taking a few minutes to share your review of our property with the TripAdvisor community. My apologies for the few issues experienced. We have taken note of your concerns and will be sharing them with our design team to see if modifications can be made. I am dismayed that you didn't ask us for recommendations in the neighborhood. There are close to 30 restaurants/bars within 1 to10 minute walk, 3 of them are in our complex. Although they have different price points and genres, all of them reflect the awesome character of the neighborhood that we call home. Hopefully next time you can experience them.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My best friend moved up to Boston a year ago, and the last 4 trips I have been wanting a nice place to stay. Local to her (Back Bay), stylish and contemporary, affordable, and a Marriott property. Was overly impressed, the front desk staff was genuine, my room was amazing, and I loved the water stations.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for the excellent review on TripAdvisor. I am glad you have found a home when visiting our great city. The staff work hard to be ambassadors for our property and for the entire AC brand, it is great that you recoihgnized that. I look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived at the AC Boston Downtown Hotel and decided to use Valet parking rather than park ourselves; a great feature. The Valet helped us with our luggage. We were then greeted by Jasmine. She helped us get situated with our room then at our request, took us on a tour of the hotel. After the tour, we were introduced to bartender Dennis. We were hungry and Dennis passed out menus. We decided to eat at the bar. Great food and great patrons. Overall, we had an awesome time. We will be back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Matthew M, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for your great review. The staff work hard at being such great ambassadors for us, I am delighted they didn't disappoint. I will be happy to let the valet team, Jasmine and Dennis know that they were specifically mentioned in your review. I look forward to welcoming you back to the AC Hotel Boston Downtown.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Staff was very friendly, very nice place. Dennis the bartender was one of the best service oriented individuals that I have ever delt with. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. We had no trouble getting to and from where we needed to be.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Matthew M, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you for the 5* review on TripAdvisor. All teh staff, but espevcially Dennis in the AC Lounge works very hard to be that ambassador for us, I appreciate you mentioning him by name. I trust you will be back with us as soon as your plans call for you to be back in Boston again.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Brand new hotel that is minutes away from anywhere you need to be in Boston. Excellent staff that will take care of any need you may have. Stop by and see Dennis in the bar. He makes great drinks and is always good for a conversation. He is very knowledgeable on the Boston area. The food is also very good in the hotel in case you do not want to get out.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jalspa88
Matthew M, Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you for a perfect and succinct review. I am most proud of how the staff performed for you. I am not surprised about Dennis, as he is a wonderful addition to the team. I will be sure he sees your review as I am sure he will happy to see that he impressed you enough for you to mention him. Please join us when your plans call fro you to be in Boston once again.