All reviews whole foods pump bottles barn door hand held style hotel great shower front desk shower stall great hotel rain shower home base south end minute walk quiet room beds were very comfortable a great stay per night
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Stayed here for two nights this past weekend. As everyone else has said, hotel is brand new. Had a really cool vibe; especially liked the artwork in the lobby heading towards the elevator. Rooms were functional and nice. Great shower and comfortable bed. Valet available, but you can also park relatively inexpensively at a lot across the street under the Expressway. Walk to Whole Foods and to a bunch of other spots in this very new neighborhood. Heat/AC unit in my room was quite loud at night, but other than that minor inconvenience, was a great stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Matthew M, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you for taking a minute to review the AC Hotel Boston Downtown. I am very happy we were able to exceed your expectations. My apologies for the louder HVAC system. In a new building, you always run into a handful of rooms that need to be tweaked. I do appreciate the feedback. Please join us again soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were in town and decided to checkout this new property, as we love Marriott. As our uber approached the building the Valet attendant greeted us and opened the door to welcome us, and let us into the building. Upon entering, the front desk team immediately made eye contact with us, smiled, and welcomed us to the hotel. It was almost like they knew us and had been expecting us! They were eager to talk to us and get to know us better, which was a great touch.

The property was beautifully decorated with amazing artwork, which included artist information, and applicable historical data. Very tasteful, classy, and modern-chic would be the words I would use to describe the feel of the property. I absolutely LOVED the interior design and decorating; I wanted to take home some of the furniture! They have a beautiful bar off of the lobby, breakfast/dining room, and multiple meeting space, including a room for up to 100 people.

We fell in love with this property and decided to stay for a drink. We sat at the bar and met the bartender, Dennis, who was extremely knowledgeable about the products, and had the personality of someone whom you could talk to for hours. Very engaging, personable, and friendly. While at the bar, the General Manager and Director of Housekeeping came over to greet us and thank us for stopping by! They were also very engaging and hospitable; giving us the impression that they would love to have us stay with them.

We certainly felt very welcomed at this property, and at "home". The genuine and caring disposition of the staff, along with the look and feel of the property, have definitely led us to making this hotel our new top choice for a Boston overnight accommodation. We cannot wait to plan our next trip to Boston and stay here for a couples trip... or even a wife's night out / girls' weekend!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Matthew M, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you very much for your glowing review on TripAdvisor. I will be happy to share your review with Dennis and the rest of the team here at the AC Hotel Boston Downtown. I am glad that you have found a new home while visiting Boston. It was a pleasuring meeting with you and your husband and telling you about the property. As you can tell we are very proud of it. I trust you will be back with us and look forward to preparing for your arrival.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I am a lifetime Platinum with over 1300 nights and always look forward to seeing a new place. This new AC is well-located in a rapidly growing neighborhood. Excellent welcome from Front desk and Valet to Jan in the AC Lounge for dinner and a glass of wine. Really like the feel and variety of seating in the lounge and look forward to enjoying the outdoor seating as the weather improves! Room was spotless and very well appointed. Loved the double sinks in the bathroom, amenities and the fresh linens. The "Hydration Station" on my floor was unique and a great idea. I always appreciate a small fridge int he room as well. Along with one of the other reviewers, I too , am under request to keep city stays reasonable so it was great to find these rates too. Nice chat with GM Matt M and I wish all the best to he and his staff!

Room Tip: Rooms towards the west are further away from the highway but even overlooking the highway, I was not bothered by the noise at all.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Matthew M, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

A thousand thank yous from us all here at the AC Boston Downtown. It was so nice to meet you and get the feedback from you directly. As I mentioned - 1,300+ nights certainly label you as an expert in Hotel operations, I am so happy we exceeded your expectations. I will be happy to mention your review to the entire team to celebrate a job well done. Please contact me directly for future visits so that we can continue to be your hotel of choice while visiting our great city.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Spent 2 nights at the recently opened hotel. Great experience all round. Super hotel, high design and function with a very enthusiastic team of employees. Dennis at the bar was a real character, a true entertainer! Matt the GM was visible throughout...helping here there and everywhere, with a friendly and warm demeanour. Thank you team AC...

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Matthew M, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you so very much for your warm words about the hotel and the team. It was great to host you this past weekend. I look forward welcoming you back to Boston.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel was brand new Marriot did an awesome job. The location is handy to downtown and finical district. My room was large with a good view. Everyone was extremely friendly. The best part was the AC Lounge with it's bartender Dennis Sanit Aubin. He is extremely knowledge about the area and makes great drinks. I would go back anytime.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for such a stellar review. I am glad you liked the AC concept. I will pass along your comments to Dennis in the AC Lounge, I am sure he will be thrilled with them. I hope to see you back with us in the very near future.