All reviews ymca gym microwave and coffee maker freedom trail long wharf bunker hill convenience store short walk few blocks t station uss rates aquarium
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I had booked a room for the 19/20 of January 2018 and 5 days earlier called to cancel my reservation. I opened my AMEX statement the following month and was charged one of the days. I called reception and was treated unprofessionally and hung up on. I sent emails with no response. Finally after a month I was able to contact management and after pulling teeth it was agreed I was to be reimbursed in a few days.
Well....... here we are 6 weeks later and still no refund. I just called the hotel and was now told that it wasn't possible to be transferred to management or billings and was hung up on.
Its sad that as a veteran and frequent visitor to the hotel over the years and after all the other service personnel I have recommended this hotel to that it has come to this. I don't know what changed at your hotel but your ranking of #83 of #86 hotels in Boston is WAY too generous in my mind.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS DUMP!!!!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Glenn F
Beth B, Director of Sales at Constitution Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so sorry that this happened. Please call me directly at the hotel and I will get this resolved for you. We thank you for your service and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

I’d agree with other reviews that the property needs a facelift however our room was clean, beds were comfortable, and the price was right for a quick overnight stay in Boston. Our trip revolved around a tour of the USS Constitution and the USS Constitution Museum (both of which we would highly recommend for folks of all ages!) so the location was perfect! Walked the short walk to Bunker Hill area for dinner. Felt perfectly safe walking back to hotel after dinner, well after dark.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank firsttimeEurope21

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and hope that you will stay again if your travels bring you to Boston.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Hi,

This is a decent place to stay - not fancy but certainly adequate for a trip to the city. rates are reasonable, the staff is friendly and the rooms, while not super modern, are decent considering the cost of the hotel in such a great location.

You do have access to the YMCA gym in the building that is full of great equipment and free weights. There is a parking deal with a close by garage that makes your stay quite affordable.

There are bigger and fancier hotels in Boston. if you want decent, comfortable and affordable with affordable parking and a gym in a location where is plenty to see and do on foot, then this may be the place for you.

Date of stay: December 2017
3  Thank Bethlehem P

Thank you so much for your feedback, we appreciate it. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to Boston.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Upon check in to this non smoking air conditioned hotel as advertised we entered our room to find it less then acceptable standards. The floors were dirty including trash from previous people the temperature in the room was extremely hot with no ac or working thermostat to change the temperature in there. Soon after the smell of what i believe to be marijuana came strongly through my door. I called down to the desk to complain abut the smell, i was told they would check into it. About 40 min later I went down stairs to complain about the heat and ask for an extra fan as i have extremely bad health including a failing heart and the heat makes it very hard for me to breath. The girl at the front desk was less then helpful told me she knew nothing about the smell and couldn't give me another fan, that i should open my windows the few inches that they allow which i could only open one of the two because the other didn't stay open. Never offered me so much as an apology and put her headphones back on before i even left the desk. The outlets that were to have the microwave plugged into it was hanging from the wall leaving exposed wiring. I am extremely disapointed in this hotel and the advertising of it should be accurate. Yes, I realize the average person doesn't use ac in the winter, but that is one of the first things i check on a website when i stay at a hotel because it is vital for my breathing well. I do appreciate the convenience of the hotel location to local area attractions and the free shuttle was helpful. I also like the fact the room had a stove and full refrigerator in it.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much for your feedback. We apologize for all of the problems that you had. Unfortunately this building either has heat or AC, both don't work at the same time. I am sorry that our advertising wasn't clearer. If you would like to discuss your stay further please give me a call at the hotel.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

The Inn’s website sure had us fooled! The lobby area was very plain and cold and the front desk agents were just as cold. When we entered the elevator it smelled like an ashtray. Unfortunately the odor lingered to our room. The bathroom was very dingy and the drain had shampoo caps in it from the previous guests. No wash clothes provided. We reserved a room with a king and got two queens. The furniture resembled old community college dorm room furniture. The linens were dry and uncomfortable and the beds were hard as a rock! Luckily we didn’t spend a bunch of time in the room. When we checked out bright and early the gentleman at the front desk didn’t have a uniform on or name tag, he looked like the average kid with his NYY flat brim hat on. Don’t let the website fool you, this place is a dump!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank 701nataliew

Thank you so much for your feedback, we appreciate it. We are sorry that we didn't meet your expectations. We hope that you enjoyed your visit to Boston.