2,634 results
All reviews the financial district cafe fleuri bond bar chocolate bar federal reserve bank turn down service post office square superior room quincy market beautiful hotel faneuil hall within walking distance indoor pool the north end freedom trail new england bed was very comfortable
Reviewed 4 April 2018

If you look at my previous review of the Langham Boston, you'd see that this was one of my favorite hotels ever.

My husband and I take these mini vacations from NYC and we have come to Boston three times in the last few years. All three times we have stayed at the Langham. We actually debated looking at a five star hotel this time but decided to stick with Langham given our previous experiences at this hotel.

The trip did not start out well. This was the first time we drove to Boston and we pulled up to the hotel. First off, there was no person in front to help us with our bags, take our car, etc. We were confused whether this was the actual spot where we could get valet parking so we actually drove around to see if we were mistaken. We drove around but no other entrance jumped out so we came back to the same place. This guy finally came outside and had the worst attitude ever. He just looked at us like we were crazy and when my husband asked if we could get valet parking, he just had this sulky attitude. He helped us load our bags but did not bother to open the door for us. If this was our first time, we would have cancelled our reservation and gone somewhere else. The first experience to a hotel is the interaction at the entrance. Does this person have any training to greet their guests? Over the four nights we were there, we saw three people at the entrance and only one of them were properly greeting their guests and opening doors, etc.

We got to our suite and I don't know if it's because we haven't been there in a few years but were the rooms that dated before? There were stains in the carpet and a hole in the wall. The couch was entirely too small for two people to comfortably lounge in.

We never went to afternoon tea the two times we stayed before so we made it a point to go this time. First off, the waiter working there was so surly. What is with the staff here? A nice smiley greeting goes as long way. Everything was fine but the sandwiches were pretty flavorless. A note, the people taking the phone calls to room service were terrible too. Sounding annoyed that we are annoying them and also, isn't it customary for them to ask how many people are dining? They just pick up the phone and expect you to do all the work!

We had brunch at the cafe and the service was not good. It's not good if you give everyone else water as soon as they sit down and you're left wondering where the water is at the end of the meal.

The worst part about our stay was the housekeeping. I usually don't like anyone coming into our room because of valuables and we only asked for housekeeping once on the second or third day we were there. I came back to a clean room but part of my contacts case was missing and my individual flossers were all out of the container and just laying around on the counter. First off, how do you lose part of a contacts case and if you somehow got my individual flossers everywhere, why would you not put them back? I immediately went downstairs to speak to Christopher Liao who is the front desk manager and he was able to get me a new contacts case but the flossers were hard to find so he got something comparable but I found it unusable. I do appreciate Mr. Liao who really tried to help me out. He comp'ed our dinner which was a nice gesture though I really preferred that all this didn't happen in the first place.

Were there good moments? Of course there were. The hotel front desk staff were very friendly and courteous and the floral arrangements at this hotel are divine. The food that we got at Cafe Fleuri and room service was excellent. The concierge is really helpful with business needs as well as personal requests. The location of the hotel is really great and we found it easy to walk everywhere.

I'm pretty sure we will not be returning to the hotel after this experience though. Time is precious and we would rather pay more and have a better experience.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AllieMnyc
Reviewed 3 April 2018

The Langham is wonderfully priced for all the amenities you receive. The location was perfect to get to everything in Boston by walking or with a short Uber or taxi ride. We walked and found everything we needed. The bar area was wonderful for dinner and watching sports. The rooms were beautiful and very comfortable. Everything was very very classy! I can't wait to go back and stay again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We booked the Langham for 4 nights based on its location and reviews. We were greeted warmly by the front desk and received a room upgrade and food and beverage voucher for our Expedia status which was a really nice touch. Our room was located on the fifth floor and was extremely clean and spacious. Nice plush towels, robes and space for our two large suitcases.We slept soundly thanks to those blackout curtains and found the bed comfortable. We used the hotel gym on our last morning and it is well equipped with cardio machines, free weights and weight machines - ample amount of equipment to get a good, full-body workout.

We loved the location. We are health conscious and Juice Press, Sweetgreen and Equinox are located across the road. Barry's Bootcamp, Everybody Fights and Soulcycle are just a short stroll away. For the best pour-over coffee, head to George Howell and Boston Market has some really great food options in a casual setting. Whole Foods Market was roughly a 12 minute walk away.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor, away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018

My daughter and I just returned from a first time trip to Boston and choose this hotel based on other TA reviews. The reviews were correct - this is indeed a 5 star hotel! In fact, it is the nicest hotel we have ever stayed in. It is elegant, beautiful and clean. The staff are all beautifully dressed, the men in dress coats with tails. Every need was met with kindness, friendliness and courtesy from the front desk staff to the concierge to the housekeepers and everyone in between. One night we had a plumbing issue and it was taken care of immediately. While attending our room, they freshened up the room with new towels, tidied the toiletries and added fresh supplies. Well done!
Our first day, we returned to our room to find delicious cookies, elegantly presented, waiting for us along with water bottles and glasses. Every night we returned from dinner to find our beds turned down, drapes closed and chocolates on our beds. A quote was included, one of our favorites by Mark Twain.
We attended the Saturday chocolate event which though costly, was a treat beyond compare. This location is perfect - it is within walking distance of many of Boston's historic sites but it is quiet and overlooks a pretty little park.
Thank you to all at the Langham Hotel Boston for making our stay so wonderful!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The hotel was an unexpected gem for my daughter and I who were visiting for a long weekend in December. Every detail was marvelous! The Langham has a signature scent that you smell the moment you walk into the lobby. The color theme and scent transcend the entire hotel.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
langhamboston, Director of Sales at The Langham, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear joaninnova,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am thrilled to hear you and your daughter had such a special time with us and that you enjoyed our signature ginger flower scent in the lobby. We hope you and your daughter will return and make more memories with us here at The Langham!

Best regards,