“Above and Beyond”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Westfield, Massachusetts
“Above and Beyond”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I stayed at the Lenox for three nights and was very pleased with the service and room. The location provides great access to the "T" (Copley Station) and there are many restaurants very close. All this is fairly routine though with a hotel of this level. Where they really showed what they were made of is the day of the blackout. There was a fire in the BackBay which caused the power grid to fail for a large radius around the Prudential Center. The staff at the Lenox quickly sprang into action. They ensured that all the guests needs were taken care of and made sure that everyone had water and snacks. The rooms were without power, but it was night time and I got a good nights rest. The next morning the staff made sure I had breakfast to go on my way out, awesome! I mentioned the fire that caused the outage...well I was at a local tavern when they evacuated and I left my jacket behind. This was the first gift my wife gave me after we were married and was very special. I mentioned this to the staff at the Lenox and after I left town they sent a runner to retrieve my jacket allowing a friend of mine to pick it up a day later. I will make the Lenox a regular place to stay when business or pleasure brings me to Boston. I know that no matter what happens the staff will ensure that I have a great experience. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Christopher M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Chose to spend 4 nights of a family vacation at the Lenox, based on the great reviews on Trip Advisor. Never have we been treated so well in any hotel. As another reviewer posted, everyone, from front desk, to concierge, to housekeeping, was extremely friendly and welcoming. What made this even more evident was that we were in the hotel during the recent power outage, and the way that the staff dealt with this difficult situation highlighted their professionalism and determination to make sure that our stay remained as positive as possible, under the circumstances. They secured a generator ASAP, offered all guests a complimentary breakfast on the morning after the power went out, and ensured that we got reservations and transportation to a great restaurant to replace the ones that had to be cancelled. We cannot say enough about this hotel and its staff - we were treated like royalty. Kudos to both staff and management, and we would not recommend any other "home base" while staying in Boston.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank delphi11
Whately, MA
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I was pleasantly surprised that the least expensive hotel in the Copley Square area was this nice. I booked it simply because it was less expensive than a conference rate at the Westin a few blocks over where I would be attending a conference. It was a comfortable room with a spacious king sized bed. The bathroom was a little small, but it may have only seemed so in comparison to the bed and room. Reception was very helpful and I had a delicious beer and "crispy fried calimari" at Solas on the first floor at the bar. My only complaint was that the bed was a bit hard for my taste, but everyone is different when it comes to bed comfort. Everything else was great.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Just returned from a weekend in Boston with my wife and teenage son. The location next to the Prudential Centre, Newbury Street and Copley Place shopping is excellent. The room (714) was a spacious room with a decorative fireplace, all the normal amenities and very comfortable in every respect. However, the reason to stay here is a staff that has embraced service to a level that I had associated only with the very finest hotels and at a much higher price point. In fact, their version of service may be better because it was delivered in a very friendly and casual New England way. I would be reluctant to single any individual out because the fact is that from the valet parking, the front desk, the concierge, the bellman and the housekeeping staff there was a consistent message that they were anxious to make our stay as pleasant as possible and to be helpful. I can't think of any request for assistance or special consideration which wasn't handled beyond my reasonable expectation. Whatever management is doing here, they are doing it right. This is truly a team effort.

We are frequent vistors to this area and chose the Lenox on a whim and the good reports from others. We will not stay anywhere else from now on. It was that good!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mojito82
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed in the jr suite and they were perfect. The staff was amazing and took care of our every need. The location was ideal for walking around and shopping. Also we ate at Sonsies on Newbury Street and the food was amazing. Will stay here on all my trips to Boston and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012