1,587 results
All reviews newbury street french doors harvard club fenway park upgraded to a suite mass ave one bedroom suite charming hotel small hotel great boutique living area sitting room red sox game restaurants and shops room service the location is perfect mini bar
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel exuded elegant and historic charm. The suite really felt like a livable space and I loved the decor. The staff was of the friendliest I have ever seen - especially the doorman. Would fully recommend.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Joseph P, Assistant General Manager at Eliot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

I wish to thank this guest for taking the time to review her stay and for the stellar rating.This guest so succinctly enumerates the factors that allow us to create exceptional guest experiences: our elegant and historic hotel in Boston's beautiful Back Bay district, our comfortable designer suites and a genuinely caring staff committed to providing friendly personalized service. I'm delighted this guest would "fully recommend" others to stay at the Eliot and look forward to welcoming her back once again.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I'm so glad that we chose to stay at the Eliot. I knew nothing about it, but it is conveniently located by the colleges that we came to Boston to tour with our son so I decided to give it a try. The staff is really nice and very accommodating. My son LOVED the free cookies that were in our room when we checked in so we asked for pack each day of our 3-day stay. My son is 16, not some cute little kid that people want to make happy, but even still the hotel was happy to feed his sweet tooth without being at all bothered that we kept asking for more. One of my other sons joined us on our last night at the hotel and we were able to switch from a 1 room suite to a 2 room suite at the last minute with no problem. The suites are large - the 2 room suite was almost the size of the upstairs of our house! The hotel's rates are extremely reasonable for a big city like Boston. I am a Four Seaons/Ritz Carlton kind of gal and the Eliot compares very nicely to those two places while being considerably more affordable. The sushi restaurant inside the hotel - Uni - is awesome and it was quite obvious by the number of people eating there that it is visited by Boston residents, which is a sure sign that it is MUCH better than the usual blah hotel restaurants. All in all a great stay in a great hotel. We will absolutely stay at the Eliot again the next time we are in Boston.

Room tip: Room directly across from elevator so worried about noise but didn't hear a thing. Stayed in 2 different rooms and nice views from both.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

I wish to thank this guest for taking the time to review her stay and for providing the Eliot with such a high rating.Being primarily a suite hotel, guests staying with us benefit from very comfortable and spacious accommodations. And this guest is certainly correct regarding the value. Rates for a suite at the Eliot are often comparable to those of a standard room at our competitors! n addition, having UNI, one of Boston's most treasured restaurants, just off our lobby makes staying at the Eliot a special experience. I'm delighted that this guest "loves" our hotel and look forward to welcoming her back once more.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of nights on a combined trip to see our daughter who is at Northeastern and to visit Boston area colleges for our son, who is a rising senior. We picked the hotel because of its excellent location and accepted the fact that a hotel in an older building like this would lack some of the amenities we like, such as a gym.

All-in-all the hotel measured up to our expectations, although some of the bathrooms are plain weird because you almost trip over the WC as you enter the room! This sort of thing would never pass code in San Francisco. Still, I suppose this is part of the challenge of converting an old building.

One tip: if you have a car it is cheaper to park on the street than park through the hotel - but you will have to pay the meter. Very grateful to the doorman for this sage advice...

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Joseph P, Assistant General Manager at Eliot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

I wish to thank this guest for taking the time to review his stay and am gratified that the hotel "measured up to our expectations." It is true that the Eliot is a historic hotel, ready to celebrate its centennial in only seven years! Even so, the Eliot is almost half a century younger than many of the beautiful buildings that make up the elegant Back Bay neighborhood the Eliot calls home. The bathrooms in our suites do, indeed, run on the smaller side. This is simply a function of our hotel's 1920's architecture. Where we have had the opportunity to expand the size of a bathroom, we have done so. Prospective guests for whom a larger bathroom is important are encouraged to inform us prior to arrival so we can accommodate such requests.

It is also true that the Eliot does not have a gym or exercise room. Instead, we provide guests with complimentary passes to a full service health club just around the corner of our front door. And speaking of front door, I am delighted our doorman was able to offer sage advice to this guest regarding parking. Our genuinely caring staff is always prepared to assist guests however possible. Prospective guests should know, however, that there are only limited times when metered parking can be a good option. (Sundays for instance, meters are not in effect.) Our knowledgeable Doormen will always be able to assist guests with the best advice! It would be my pleasure to welcome this guest back once more.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I love old historic buildings that are hotels. The Eliot is in the most perfect location on a Main Street but feels like it’s a neighborhood and not super busy. The lobby is small but very nicely appointed and the staff very welcoming. Check in was fast and they upgraded our room, as far as I know, the size was great. Absolutely no view but that was fine. The layout of the room worked as we had a wet bar area to put snacks and a sitting area with a tv. The room was quiet and I didn’t hear a bunch of residual noise from the hall, a pet peeve of mine. The reason I rated the hotel a 4 instead of 5 is because the rooms could be a little cleaner. Granted it is an old hotel but the standard for cleanliness should never be compromised. Not sure when the last scrubbing took place but the dust/dirt collecting on the doors and moldings was ridiculous. The upholstery in the room was dirty as well as the carpet. I want to feel like I’m the first person to stay in a room and I definitely didn’t get the feeling here. Plus, the glasses in the bathroom and coffee mugs were wiped out instead of replaced each day which is just gross. That being said, I would stay here again, strictly because the location rocked.

Date of stay: March 2018
2  Thank GayleL134

I wish to thank this guest for taking the time to review her stay and am gratified that she found favor with so many facets of the hotel. It's true that the Eliot is located on residential Commonwealth Avenue in Boston's elegant Back Bay district, placing so many of the city's resources just outside the hotel's front doors. In addition, many guests have commented on how being at the Eliot feels like staying at your own exclusive apartment in the city. Certainly the spacious comfort of our suites and our "welcoming" staff help to create memorable stay experiences.

Cleanliness is most assuredly a top priority for the Eliot, something many guests have affirmed in their reviews. The hotel is, in fact, in the process of introducing a new design concept in many of our suites, creating a particularly modern and fashionable aesthetic.I extend apologies to this guest that the suite did not meet her, (nor our) expectations in this regard. I wish to remind prospective guests that we strongly encourage guests to reach out to us during their stays to inform the hotel of any disappointment, concern or experience that differs from expectations. We would certainly always do whatever is necessary to ensure a stay at the Eliot is exceptional on all levels. It is, nevertheless, gratifying that this guest "would stay here again." It will be my pleasure to welcome her back once more.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Excellent.
There is absolutely nothing but only positive things to say.
We stayed at the Eliot to show our kids Harvard.
We live in Europe and we booked this hotel because of the European design shown on the webpage.
We loved staying here.
The staff are such gems.
Everyone is friendly....helpful and with great smiles on their faces. The cleanliness and the beautiful decoration and setup of the suite left no wish open....and we travel a lot around the world.
The Eliot is the place to stay if you want to feel welcomed and like at home.
Ps: the chocolate cookies were outstanding delicious

Room tip: Sixt floor
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

I wish to thank this guest for taking the time to review her stay and for her "outstanding" commendation, especially from such a well-seasoned traveler! It really is a combination of our designer suites, our focus on ensuring comfort and cleanliness, and a genuinely caring staff committed to providing personalized service, that together, help us to create exceptional guest experiences. I'm delighted, "Sjk K,' that you felt "like at home" at the Eliot. You are most welcome for "the perfect stay," and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back once more.