Review Highlights
Beautiful and unique art in the River district.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from USD 19.99
from USD 119.00
from USD 37.00
More Info
All reviews each piece depth techniques studio landscape gallery glows scenes leaf nature dimensional home
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

His art has a lot of depth and texture. We bought a piece 4 years ago and love it. His work is peaceful and serene. Artist is very friendly and willing to talk about his techniques.We visit the studio every time we are in Asheville, which is usually twice a year.

Stephen S, Owner at St.Claire Art, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hey , I so much appreciate your comments and your continued visits to my studio. That means a whole lot to me, and I hope to continue giving you ample reason to keep coming back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Mr. St. Claire's style is scenes from nature done in a personal palette that stresses sun and gloss. The scenes are lovely, and if his light and color scheme is your cup of tea you'll ne thrilled. My taste runs more to the actual colors and the textures of nature. But he was extremely personable and managed to make our visit memorable. A keeper.

Stephen S, Owner at St.Claire Art, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I appreciate your kind words even though my work isn’t really your taste. That’s okay. That’s what is so great about art - it appeals to different people in different ways. Thanks for your visit and we’ll hope to see you next time you’re in town.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Be prepared to fall in love with at least one painting and possibly several! Stephen's work is unique and so beautiful! He is a joy to work with -- so accommodating. It always brightens my day when I look at my wonderful St. Claire original!

Stephen S, Owner at St.Claire Art, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

My gosh, thank you so much! It’s so gratifying to hear you love your painting and that you enjoyed the whole process. I did too by the way! Come back and visit again soon. Cheers—

Reviewed 17 August 2018

An absolutely stunning art gallery featuring breathtaking natural landscapes and nature scenes, complimented well by an approachable artist who is eager to share his inspiration and thoughts, and to hear yours as well.

Stephen S, Owner at St.Claire Art, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Wow. Thank you for those really kind words. I'm so glad you enjoyed my work. That's so encouraging!

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Five years ago I visited the St Claire Art studio and purchased my first painting, Quiet Places. The visit there was the culmination of my visit to lovely Asheville. Today I received my second Stephen St. Claire art work.. It is Called Birth of a Winter Day. It is truly magnificent. I can only describe it as elevating, transcending, glorious and magnificent. It rendered me speechless. Stephen is blessed with magical hands and ultra perceptive eyes. He captures the elements in nature that when experienced firsthand inspire and astound us. if you make only one studio stop on your visit to Asheville, choose St Claire Art. You will be come an avid fan and you will be treated to a beauteous world of gifted art works.

Stephen S, Owner at St.Claire Art, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Gosh, THANK YOU! I really enjoyed creating your painting and I'm so gratified to know you enjoy my work.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

I don't know much about art, but I appreciate it and I know what I like. We visited many art galleries while we were in Asheville, but this one was my absolute favorite. I could have looked at Stephen's work all day. It reminds me of stained glass and, other than that, I have never seen anything like it. I am saving up, so that when I next return, I can bring home some of it to hang on my walls.

Stephen S, Owner at St.Claire Art, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Hey, thanks so much for those awesome comments. I really appreciate it! I'm so gratified to know you enjoy what I do. That's so encouraging. You're welcome back any time you're in town!

Reviewed 10 April 2018

I visited the St. Claire gallery because I loved what I saw online...unfortunately I loved it even more in person but my budget couldn't handle it! I spent a good while just staring in admiration and hope to be back someday to purchase a piece!

Stephen S, Owner at St.Claire Art, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thanks so much for your review. And you’re welcome back to the studio anytime you’re in Asheville, and when you’re ready for purchase, will be ready for you!

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Be careful, once you have found your way to this world class gem of an art gallery, you will be spellbound to return whenever you are in Asheville. And if you are able to make one of these unique, luminous pieces your own, you and your family will appreciate your good fortune for many years to come. I have three pieces so far, a family legacy for each of my three daughters to share with their families for generations to come. Stephen has been extremely patient and generous in making sure each daughter has found their favorite work. Treat yourself to the gift of visiting here, and see why everyone who discovers it... raves about it.

Stephen S, Owner at St.Claire Art, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Thank you so much. I'm so glad you enjoy visiting our studio/gallery and that you feel the way you do about my artwork. This is as encouraging as it is humbling!

Reviewed 3 February 2018

My wife and I stayed in Lake Lure and traveled to Asheville for several visits during our stay, one of which was focused on going to galleries and exploring Asheville's vibrant art scene. After a full day of seeing many local artists, we found St. Claire Art and we were instantly delighted. Stephen's artwork is a complex blend of the familiar joy of all the beautiful nature that surrounds the area melded with his unique and novel approach to creating his work. Ultimately, we purchased one of his landscapes of local mountain scene and one of his abstract works. They instantly became our favorite artwork in our collection.

Stephen S, Owner at St.Claire Art, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Thank you! Thank you for supporting me with your purchase (that literally enables me to continue painting!). And thank you for your very kind words AND for taking time out of your day to express them. I sincerely appreciate it!

Reviewed 1 February 2018

A visit to Asheville would not be complete without a stop at this gallery. Stephen's art will mesmerize you with its luminosity and beauty. His process of foil and oil is an art form made in heaven. The landscapes are simply breathtaking. I purchased a piece there while on vacation and have enjoyed it every day since. It transports me to a quiet place of beauty with its color and composition. I cannot say enough about this gifted artist. I once told him his hands were blessed by God and I sincerely think they are!!!!!!! Do yourself a favor and stop at his gallery so you can see why I say this..

Stephen S, Owner at St.Claire Art, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Hey, THANK YOU! "Foil and Oil"...I'll have to remember that. That's good. Thanks so much for your encouragement. I'm so glad you are enjoying your painting and that you took the time to say so. Come back and visit any time you're in Asheville!