Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Inspiring!

My husband and I had the pleasure to meet Stephen St. Claire on a trip to Asheville several years... read more

Reviewed 29 November 2018
chem_e_b
Plano, Texas
Beautiful and unique art in the River district.

His art has a lot of depth and texture. We bought a piece 4 years ago and love it. His work is... read more

Reviewed 28 October 2018

from USD 37.00
from USD 109.00
from USD 68.09
More Info
All reviews foil depth techniques studio scenes landscape commissioned gallery nature inspiration mesmerizing vision collection home
Reviewed 15 December 2017

We had Stephen create a painting for our living room from a picture I took on my iPhone of Waterfall Park located here on Gateway Mountain which is just east of Asheville. The end result was absolutely stunning and looks great in our home and more importantly reminds us of what a beautiful place we live in. We look forward to work with Stephen on another piece of artwork in the future!

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank john650wpc
Stephen S, Owner at St.Claire Art, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Thank you! The waterfall piece I did for you was so much fun to work on and I was glad I got to deliver it in person and see your mountaintop house! I look forward to any future painting I do for your amazing home.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I visited Asheville and fell in love with his work - and wound up reaching out via email and commissioning a large piece of abstract art! The artist was fantastic to work with, reflected my vision perfectly, and delivered the painting to my door (in central NC). I cannot recommend highly enough. Go check out his work!

Date of experience: November 2016

I'm so glad you enjoy your painting. Thank you for your very kind words! Please come visit the studio any time you're in Asheville.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I had the great pleasure of traveling to Asheville and spent a memorable day in the River Arts District. We stumbled upon the St. Clair art studio and a group of us from Vancouver watched Stephen the artist create in his unique style. I fell in love with his work and when I saw this one the next day at the Woolworth building I knew it was coming home with me. It's called "By the River" and is a stunning memory of beautiful Asheville.

I didn't purchase it directly from you so I wanted to thank you and to let you know Stephen, that it found a good home where it glows golden and brings me pleasure every day.

Ruth

Date of experience: April 2017
Stephen S, Owner at St.Claire Art, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Hah! That's awesome to know. Glad it has a good home! Thank you.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

My husband and I had seen some St. Claire paintings in Asheville before and loved the luminous quality of them. In April when we were visiting Asheville I suggested we visit the St Clair studio. What a great idea! It was so much fun to see all the lovely paintings and even more fun to actually meet and chat with the artists! I highly recommend it!

Date of experience: April 2017
Stephen S, Owner at St.Claire Art, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to the studio. What you described is one of the best parts of this business model -- an "open studio" where people can just wander in and explore quietly (if they're the introvert type) or pull up a chair and have a chat with me while I'm working. It really helps me keep a good handle on what ideas of mine are resonating with visitors and that's really my goal (create artwork that "speaks" to people). So...thank you for chatting! And thank you for the kind review.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

His style appears to be reflective light gold underlay. It appears backlit or light from within the painting. Very unusual and unique style. A must see.

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank posanders
Stephen S, Owner at St.Claire Art, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Sincere thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so glad to know you enjoyed your time in my studio!