“Planning our return visit already” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Reynolds Mansion

The Reynolds Mansion
Ranked #2 of 38 Asheville B&B and Inns
Hamilton, Ohio
“Planning our return visit already”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

We are not easily pleased. We are avid B&B'ers and have been treated well in many places. However, there was not an aspect of our stay at The Reynold's Mansion that did not exceed our expectations. Said another way: We are ready to return and remain amazed at the way all aspects of our stay were handled. From making the reservation, to the personalized thank you in this morning's email - these Innkeepers know who to treat guests. The physical plant is unique, historic and impressive. The food was superb and made with meticulous attention to presentation and taste. Billy met us at the door [we were late] and made us feel like regulars. He suggested dinner reservations when requested and then made sure we could get a seat at the overflowing Stony Knob Cafe. Our room was more than ready - it was welcoming. From a personalized letter on the bed to the freshly baked cookies on the table. Is coffee your addiction also? Well there is fresh coffee 24/7 on each floor. While I did not attempt it, you can eat off the floors. Both Billy and Michael treated us like family at breakfast. Having Innkeepers who live and eat on the property will be on our checklist in the future. They define and set the bar for 'southern hospitality." We are planning our return trip with friends this weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a view if you want to see an amazing sunset.
1 Thank adolfolivas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

...could not have been more perfect. I brought my girlfriend to the Reynolds Mansion as a Valentine's day surprise. All through the trip and the in the days leading up to it she was doing everything she could to get me to reveal where we were staying. When we finally arrived the anticipation she had experienced was well worth the wait. She was stunned! Let me tell you the look on her face was priceless.
From the moment you arrive and see the mansion on the hill you are taken back in time to a "happy place". This begins with immediately when you enter and are greeted by music from back in the 40's, then by the warm hospitality of Billy, the owner and resident of Reynolds Mansion. Every detail for your stay is paid close attention to, nothing is left out. We stayed in the carriage house Blue Hydrangea room, a recommendation made by Billy that was perfect! Bea absolutely loved this B&B, as did I, and could not stop talking about how perfect this place is and how we will absolutely being staying here again.
To put it simply, I have traveled the world, as has Bea, and never have I stayed in a place as warm, comfortable and perfect as the Reynolds Mansion. Thank you Mike and Billy for making our weekend the best it could possibly be. The two of you have created a gem brighter than the Hope diamond...:)
We will be back.
Jeff

1 Thank jeffbea
Rock Hill, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We just returned from our fourth visit to Reynolds Mansion (we were there in Jan, too). It is a wonderful place to just get away, relax, and feel like you are at home but definately being pampered and spoiled. My husband took me there to celebrate my birthday. Billy and Mike helped to make it even more special!
If you have never been to a bed and breakfast, try it! You will not be disappointed. If you are looking for a bed and breakfast in the Asheville area, the Reynolds Mansion is a MUST to try! You will not be sorry.
All the reviews you read and accurate, but seeing and experiencing is believing! You leave knowing you will return.
We will soon be returning ourselves! Thank you Billy and Mike for opening your home and making it such a special place for so many people!

Room Tip: We have stayed in 3 different room., one being outside of the main house. All are wonderful!
4 Thank bgood3
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

I was traveling for business and was unimpressed with the reviews of the Ashville hotels, whereas the reviews of the Reynolds Mansion were fantastic. This was, undoubtedly, the best bed and breakfast establishment that I have ever frequented. I later learned this is the 2nd highest rated bed and breakfast in the country and one of the top rated in the world.

For many years, one of the Inn Keepers has been collecting antiques from around the country and placing them in storage to fulfill his dream of opening this B & B. He and his partner rescued this rare brick pre Civil War home from razing and lovingly restored it. I wandered throughout the mansion, including unoccupied bedrooms with open doors, to admire the decor, furniture, historical clippings of the Hope Diamond owner who had lived there, and interesting movie poster and monster figurine collections.

The owners, who live on the premises, provide the special touches that make your stay memorable such as the sumptuous breakfasts that were unique both mornings and unlike any other breakfasts I have had. Even the dishes and place settings vary each morning. We were served fresh nut bread and biscuits, a uniquely prepared pear and fruit dish, and a type of "omelete" that I had never had before. I wish I had inquired further about the recipes, so I could provide more details. We did not need to eat lunch, as the breakfasts were plentiful.Throughout the day there is tea and coffee available. There is also wine and sherry for self-service and an assortment of desserts such as cookies and cupcakes.

We booked he bright Claudia's room, with a single and double bed, as there were two of us. Each room has a gas fireplace operated with a remote control. There was a small sitting area with a small flat screen television. Within walking distance is an array of restaurants, currently, under construction. These nearby establishment will be a major convenience for those who do not have a car or, who like us, are too tired, upon arrival, to drive to a restaurant. In the same area is a YMCA, and I was allowed one complementary visit to work out there, as the YMCA does not accept payment for daily usage.

I would like to come back to the Reynolds Mansion, in the Spring or Summer, to see the large pool open and to look at the mountains while sitting in a rocker on the expansive porches. The owner said he would provide a discount to us upon a return visit. A couple told me that they had previously stayed at the mansion, which had been beautifully decorated for Christmas. By the way, there is a resident ghost, whose acquaintance I did not have the pleasure to make. Perhaps, next time, if I stay in her room...

Room Tip: I would choose the second floor over the third floor, as the rooms were nicer and there are fewer st...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Asheboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

We just returned from a fabulous weekend filled with history, great food and awesome stories at the Reynolds Mansion. It was like stepping back into time. The home was stunning and you could feel the love that the Innkeepers had for this place. They were very detail oriented even down to the 1940's music that played throughout the house. Breakfast was an event that we looked forward to each morning. We loved the way that "Billy" pulled up a chair and shared his stories about the house and the Reynolds family with us. Planning another trip in the late spring, when we can use the porches and enjoy getting to know more people who cross our path there.