“Delightful stay”

At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #18 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Inn over a weekend while attending the Arts and Crafts Convention that is held in Asheville annually. It was our first time in this region and we thoroughly enjoyed our time there. Our room looked over the garden and had four uniquely different sets of dormer windows. Wonderful hospitality from Gary and Pattie and a delicious breakfast where you actually sit down and interact with other guests! A great experience all round.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

What a PERFECT family vacation at Cumberland Falls B & B! My family filled the entire house and had the chance to have one last vacation with my grandparents. What a wonderful trip for my "homebody" grandmother. My parents, siblings and grandparents appreciated the beautiful surroundings, family atmosphere and delicious breakfasts. This was truly a vacation we will never forget. My grandparents talked about how much they loved it for months! Sadly, my grandfather passed away 7 months later unexpectedly. Cumberland Falls B & B will forever hold a very special and irreplaceable spot in my heart. Love to Gary & Patti for all their special talents and loving care in treating their guests like family!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are a little warmer.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We visited Ashville during the Christmas season and our stay at the inn completed this magical experience. The accommodations were great as was the food. Patti was so helpful and made us feel right at home. I am looking forward to returning during the spring or summer months. Thanks Patti for the hospitality!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My husband surprised me with a weekend getaway at Cumberland Falls B and B for my 30th and the experience was truly amazing! Patti was very sweet and Gary was an AMAZING chef (request the cantaloup!). My hubby chose the Lions Den for the fireplace and large claw tub with mountain views. We will definitely return. Thanks for an amazing birthday ;)

Reviewed 25 February 2012

We recently took a 10 day NC mountains vacation, with three days spent in Asheville. I researched B&Bs and found that Cumberland Falls offered a "stay 3 nights, pay for 2" deal in February and since it looked nice, we decided to give it a try.
Overall, it was very nice. We stay in B&Bs all the time and while not picky, we have found we prefer certain features over others. So what some people love, we may not.
Gary and Patti were very friendly and offered helpful advice. They seem to really enjoy running the B&B.
The neighborhood is nice, historic and very walkable.
The house is very well maintained as are the grounds. I would love to go back and see all the bulbs and trees blooming in spring. The water features are lovely - even in the winter.
We waited until a couple of weeks before arrival to book so only one room was available all three nights of our visit - the Victorian Parlro, the only guest room downstairs. It was fine, although on the small side. Lovely furniture and great bath. Minor issues regarding noise and light. I am pretty deaf and was woken up in the morning by breakfast prep in the room next door. We could also hear footsteps overhead. Not uncommon when you have a room above you but still a bit annoying. I also like a room with more light. I had a chance to look at the other rooms and I think ours was the darkest. Next time - we're getting the Garden Room with a wall of windows!
While others raved about the breakfast, it was simply too much (and too much sugar) for our simple tastes. The last morning of our stay, we were the only ones on site and Gary very kindly prepared a less sweet bfast for us. It was much appreciated. He is a very talented cook.
I wish Gary and Pattie continued enjoyment with the Cumberland Falls B&S.

Room Tip: If a light room is imporant to you, choose one upstairs.