“Guest”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room Living Room
Grounds
Entrance
Grounds
Walking into the property
View from the kitchen area
Welcome to your cottage
Private Patio
For dining?
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Rita A
“Guest”
Reviewed 8 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We loved it. Very clean, quite and comfortable. Easy access to Downtown. Plan to visit again next year.

8 Oct 2016
Rita, so sorry you had to leave early due to the hurricane Matthew...hope everything is okay for you in Jacksonville.
DaveAndJe...
“Adorable, comfortable apartment close to all the action.”
Reviewed 6 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

My husband and I stayed here for the second half of our honeymoon. I was wavering between a hotel and a vacation rental and I'm so glad I chose the latter. The house is the perfect size for two people. It's adorable and comfortable with tons of personal touches. Located in West Asheville, the apartment is about a 15/20 minute walk to nearby shops and restaurants and a quick (less than $10) uber ride to everywhere else. Jane was an awesome and accommodating host. I'd highly recommend staying here.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Christina...
“Great place! ”
Reviewed 2 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

My husband and I spent a week here for our anniversary. Jane was so pleasant to work with. This was the perfect place for us! We loved West Asheville as well. I would definitely recommend.

2 Jul 2016
I too enjoyed your stay. It was lovely to have people there for a week and to visit with you about what you were doing. All of my guests are so respectful of the property and I really appreciate that please come back. And I can direct you more places. Thank you very much bye
Brandi J
“Just what we needed!”
Reviewed 13 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

Thank you Jane for your lovely hospitality during our stay at your quirky cottage! It was exactly as expected and more. The cottage was perfect for our weekend getaway and ideal for our stay in West Asheville. Despite the rainy weather, we had a blast. The cottage was located close enough for walking distance to the Oyster House, which has become a new favorite. The added bonus of Netflix was especially nice to come back to and relax after dinner. Jane was equally helpful providing us with a local paper for weekend updates and shared tips about local events during our stay. We enjoyed the quiet atmosphere of the cottage versus a hotel. We will definitely be coming back! Thanks for everything Jane!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
17 Oct 2015
Thank you...do come back
smilinggo...
Redlands, California
“Really perfect”
Reviewed 11 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

The apartment is exactly as show. It’s small but well organized. We had plenty of room to spread out and feel comfortable. Jane left eggs, milk, butter, and a quite a few extras. We felt really welcomed. The little house is in the back of the property, so we had privacy. I left the front door open and read in the front nook, watching the squirrels play. There is a parking space in the front just for guests. It’s on the street, but you’re near the end of a very quiet cul-de-sac.

The neighborhood is quiet residential. As you drive out of the area, there is an upscale grocery store and a Family Dollar. There are good restaurants in that area, but most cater to breakfast and lunch. A couple are open for dinner. You are about 8 minutes from downtown Asheville, where there are infinite options. In the other direction, you are about 10 minutes from the Biltmore Estate and the Blue Mountain Parkway.

GPS, Google Map and MapQuest all identify the location correctly. I hadn’t booked through this site before, so I wasn’t aware that you don’t receive the exact street address until 7 days before your booking. But everything did fall into place as planned.

On the note of privacy, Jane leaves you alone unless you ask for help. There is no check-in or check-out. You find instructions and ideas for outings inside the house. However, when we had trouble figuring out how to connect to Netflix, Jane was there in about 3 minutes to walk us through it. This was so much better than staying in a hotel.

Jane directed us to a hike at Mile Marker 417 on Blue Mountain Parkway. It’s about ½ mile of hiking to the waterfalls. Very easy and nice.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Neighborhood, price, privacy, snacks in the kitchen
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
17 Oct 2015
Sweet infor m at I've review...thank you. I also thank you for the informative note you left...
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing