“Fantastic Thai food”

Baan Thai Kitchen
Ranked #345 of 811 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I came for dinner one evening. I ordered the Pad Thai and my husband ordered Ke Maow fried rice. Unfortunately, the waitress brought Pad ke Maow. The food was so good that we told them we would take the Pad Ke Maow as well to eat during the rest of the week. We eat a lot of Thai food as it is our favorite. This rates up there with some of the best. The atmosphere is lacking with elevator music and rather austere decor of Thai foods.

1  Thank Ronsgirl818

Reviewed 7 June 2017

I had been looking for a good Thai restaurant in South Asheville and am so glad we gave Baan Thai Kitchen a try. I placed an order by phone with a very friendly woman. We had the Bangkok fresh rolls, Pad Thai with tofu and vegetables, and mango with sticky rice. The fresh rolls had super fresh, crisp vegetables and herbs and were served with delicious peanut sauce of just the right consistency. The Pad Thai was excellent with plenty of fresh vegetables that were not overcooked and mushy. The sauce was sweet and yummy and my daughter devoured it. You can specify your spice level (we went with mild) and next time I might ask for medium spicy for myself. The sticky rice was tasty but a little bit more firm than we are used to. The mango was super fresh and ripe. The portions (especially the Pad Thai) were generous and we had more than enough for two people. There was a person in line ordering while we were picking up and she highly recommended the Tofu Tod so we will try that next time. She was clearly a regular and since she just walked in to order to go, I assume they get the food out quickly. The interior wasn't fancy but it was pleasant, clean, and bright. I would like to see them get a website with the menu because I found it challenging to find the full menu on line (I found a version but it was missing a page). Nevertheless, we will be going back!

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Friendly service – I was in a hurry and accidentally ordered from the wrong Thai restaurant. While it was a bit pricier than my regular to go place, it was tasty. I ordered pad Thai with medium spice and it was spicier than I had expected but delicious. Also I had ordered fresh roll with peanut sauce and it was like healthy summer deliciousness. Highly recommend. While it cost a bit more there was plenty of food for leftovers and everything was fresh and delicious and the service was exceptionally friendly. They aim to please. Give it a try.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

This first time I came in was the summer of 2016. I liked the feel of the place, the staff was very friendly. Loved my food, not too spicy, but they ask you how hot you want it.
It is now March. Since the first summer visit, I have been in at least 15 times. I had been making it a point to keep trying different things on there menu. I have never been disappointed.
In January, I flew to Thailand for 6 weeks to explore the country.
Went to a Thai cooking school for a day class, which was awesome. 6 weeks of Thai food daily. I was just in last night, same warm greeting, totally delicious food.
Tried the seafood salad and Pad Kee Mao, with chicken. Both were outstanding. I read in here an earlier review that was not only bad, but totally disrespectful. I firmly think that person had a different agenda with his distasteful review.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

I have been to many Thai restaurants and this restaurant has the BEST fresh rolls ever; complete with wonderful peanut sauce! The Thai food is delicious, but I am biased to the Pad Thai. I am a regular who tries to visit weekly. This is a nice quiet restaurant in a strip mall. My only complaint is I wished they opened at 11 instead of 11:30. Noi is wonderful and I am elated that she opened a South Asheville location so that I can visit weekly!