“Great Pizza”

Cuisines: Pizza
Neighbourhood: Downtown Asheville
Neighbourhood: Downtown Asheville
Reviewed 22 April 2015

Amazing Pizza, rogue staff! Pizza is some of the best in Aville. Staff is kinda strange, but who cares, its a pizza joint. Calzones are equally amazing.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

We are from NYC and the crust is one of the best we had. Family owned restaurant. Chef "Uncle John" let our kids make their own pizzas. They had a blast. We know it's known more as a take out/delivery place but we loved hanging with the family.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Although it’s a pizzeria I cannot rate on their pizza. I can tell you that I stayed in Asheville for one night recently and ordered delivery from Trios. I judge a restaurant by their salad dressings. They make their ranch in house and it was GREAT. I ordered the large chef salad and an order of wings plain (Still on a diet). I ate the wings first which were great, then to the salad. I opened the salad and it was enormous with 6 or 7 pinwheels of turkey ham and cheese rolled up. By the time I dipped 4 of those rolls in the delicious ranch I was full! Salad was perfectly topped with lots of bacon, mozzarella, cheddar and those delicious rolls of meat and cheese. There was plenty of fresh tomato and black olives which I forgot to ask them to take off....this took a while because they hook it up. I highly recommend Trios and when I am in Asheville again next month I know what I am ordering.....large chef salad and wings!

Reviewed 6 November 2011

I ordered their food for delivery a few times while staying in the Asheville, NC area and I was impressed. Not only were they nice on the phone but the food was great. The 3rd time I ordered they sent me some samples of extra things and I was again impressed. I will go out on a limb and say everything on their menu is good..... Cant wait till I'm back in the area to have some more.

2  Thank 247HardWorker
Reviewed 29 March 2011

This restaurant seems to be going through some kind of soap opera - and it's not called Trio's any more for what that's worth. Apparently, there's some infighting as to who should be running the restaurant and / or cooking, and it's something different every time we go there. It is pick-up and delivery only. The pizza WAS really good, but lately it's gone downhill (there's a new cook - I'm not sure if this is why). We loved it Nov. - Jan., but for the price, you can certainly do better with Nona Mia's or Mellow Mushroom.

The pizzas always had a good amount of cheese and sauce, along with a consistent crust (think hand-tossed as far as thickness with a New York type of thinness to the center portion of the crust - which is good). Now all 3 seem very hit and miss - sometimes you get virtually no cheese or sauce.

The Lasagna also went way downhill (much worse than the pizzas) and I haven't tried the other pasta dishes to know. Because this was less than a mile away from where we live, it used to be our go-to place. Sadly, because of 3 straight negative experiences (and pretty high prices), we haven't eaten there in nearly 2 months.

If they work out their personal problems (at one point, you never knew if the restaurant would be open or not) and get some consistency and value back, we'd return.

1  Thank nathanmedic2003