“Yummmmmmmmyyyyy”

Cuisines: Pizza
Neighbourhood: Downtown Asheville
Neighbourhood: Downtown Asheville
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I ordered their food for delivery a few times while staying in the Asheville, NC area and I was impressed. Not only were they nice on the phone but the food was great. The 3rd time I ordered they sent me some samples of extra things and I was again impressed. I will go out on a limb and say everything on their menu is good..... Cant wait till I'm back in the area to have some more.

2  Thank 247HardWorker

Reviewed 29 March 2011

This restaurant seems to be going through some kind of soap opera - and it's not called Trio's any more for what that's worth. Apparently, there's some infighting as to who should be running the restaurant and / or cooking, and it's something different every time we go there. It is pick-up and delivery only. The pizza WAS really good, but lately it's gone downhill (there's a new cook - I'm not sure if this is why). We loved it Nov. - Jan., but for the price, you can certainly do better with Nona Mia's or Mellow Mushroom.

The pizzas always had a good amount of cheese and sauce, along with a consistent crust (think hand-tossed as far as thickness with a New York type of thinness to the center portion of the crust - which is good). Now all 3 seem very hit and miss - sometimes you get virtually no cheese or sauce.

The Lasagna also went way downhill (much worse than the pizzas) and I haven't tried the other pasta dishes to know. Because this was less than a mile away from where we live, it used to be our go-to place. Sadly, because of 3 straight negative experiences (and pretty high prices), we haven't eaten there in nearly 2 months.

If they work out their personal problems (at one point, you never knew if the restaurant would be open or not) and get some consistency and value back, we'd return.

1  Thank nathanmedic2003