“Hasn't disappointed yet!”

Ranked #38 of 856 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: USD 8 - USD 20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Laughing Seed Cafe is Asheville's original downtown international vegetarian restaurant. We've provided the finest organic, local, and farm-to-table vegetarian cuisine with an international flair for twenty years and counting.
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

I get the large harmony bowl everytime and take half home. Kombucha Fire is on tap and yum. My husband had the jackfruit and being a meat eater was surprised (and happy) it tasted like pulled pork. The staff is bouncy and friendly. You'll leave with a smile on your face.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

My friend and I were visiting Asheville and decided to try this vegetarian place one night. There was a short wait, which we spent looking at the menu. Everything looked so good. We were seated and shortly after, water was brought by someone. After deciding what we wanted, we talked and waited for our server. She eventually came around, tapped our table a couple times and said she'd be right back. We kept talking and waited some more... she came around a 2nd time, tapped the table and said she'd be right back. At this point, my friend is confused and wondering what the heck she was doing. We waited and waited and here she comes again... tapped the table and said she'd be right back. This time I called after her but she kept walking. It was clear she didn't want to serve us. I looked at my friend, who was just as dumbfounded as I was, then I looked around at the other servers in this place. None of them looked happy. Not one. One even looked like she was giving me the stank eye as she was walking past. I don't know what was was going on but clearly our server had issues so we left. Ended up at The Market Place and had an amazing dinner and experience. Will never try this place again.

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank obeacian2018
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Great spinach strawberry salad with blackberry vingerette and summer pesto pasta. Grandmas herbal tea was refreshing. Great service.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Very cute cafe with delicious food! We had the onion jalapeño fries and pakoras to start- so good. The jackfruit burger and Indian tahli plate and spring rolls. Everything was great. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

Varied menu, vegan and gluten free options available. My seed burger was delicious. My companion had the harvest bowl which she liked very much. Servings were generous. Service was excellent.

Date of visit: July 2018