“One of best restaurants in Asheville ”

Apollo Flame Bistro - Hendersonville road, ASheville, NC
Ranked #151 of 857 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: USD 7 - USD 17
Cuisines: Greek, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Greek /Italian .. PIZZA , PASTAS, SUBS AND GREEK DISHES. Fast and friendly atmosphere. Casual dining.. seating Inside and Patio. Open Monday - Saturday 10:30 am- 10 PM. Eat in and To- gos.
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We eat here once a month in Asheville. Other places may get the hype but this place is hard to top. The menu has so many items that are great. The kids love the pizza. On this trip I had the chicken gyro. Bring an appetite, everything is served large and fast. Definitely one of my family's favorites in Asheville.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

We were visiting Asheville and our hotel referred us to this restaurant. They serve a wonderful selections of Greek specialties, as well as pizzas, Italian dishes, and good old American hamburgers. On our first visit, we enjoyed the gyro combo plate with chicken and lamb. The lamb was the traditional gyro style, but the chicken stole the show! It was three generous juicy chicken breast tenders that had been prepared in an amazing Greek marinade. This came with a large Greek salad and a house-made tzatziki sauce. We finished up by sharing a huge triangle of baklava. While we were there, we noticed that the pizzas seemed very popular, so on our 2nd night in town we went back and ordered a Mediterranean pizza that was fantastic! We decided to try their Key Lime pie for dessert and it was pretty good too - especially the crust. We've agreed that when we pass by this exit on future trips, we'll stop back in. This location is just off I26 near the Asheville Outlet Mall so it will be easy to get to and much better than other hit or miss road food. If you're in the area, give it a try!

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Husband and I had lunch here. We were very hungry! No appetizers listed separately so we had an order of bread with melted cheese: very filling and tasty. He ordered spaghetti with mushrooms, marinara on the side. The portion was HUGE ( in the words of the president). It was served with a HUGE greek salad. This order alone would have easily served two hungry people. I ordered the lamb and chicken gyro. It came with another half plate of Greek salad. The gyro had a large pita, tasty chicken and that pressed lamb thing that many restaurants serve. Personally I don't like it as it looks like thinly sliced spam. Overall my impression was one of HUGE servings; tasty salad with homemade dressing; nicely prepared chicken and typical lamb thing. The pasta/muchroom/marinara was ok, not the best I've had. I will go again and try other menu items as they have a sizable selection. Water to drink, no beverages ordered.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

After a day at the Biltmore House and Gardens, I was not in the mood for a fancy restaurant. This little gem was perfect for tired travelers who wanted good food. They offer Italian and Greek foods at very reasonable prices and have an extensive menu. My spaghetti combo plate included meatballs, peppers and onions, meat sauce, and marinara. A large, fresh salad was served first with homemade dressing. My combo plate was huge and I regretted that my leftovers would not travel well the next day. If I lived in the area, Apollo Flame Bistro would be one of my regular stops!

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

My friend and I had just done a tough 5 mile hike and were looking for a place for lunch and a beer. We spotted their patio with lots of hanging baskets and decided to try it. The grape leaves were fantastic! The Greek salad and chicken gyro were huge and tasty. Service was fast and friendly.

Travellers who viewed Apollo Flame Bistro - Hendersonville road, ASheville, NC also viewed

Asheville, North Carolina Mountains

Been to Apollo Flame Bistro - Hendersonville road, ASheville, NC? Share your experiences!