“Just great! Excellent food. excellent service, great atmosphere”

Rezaz Mediterranean Cuisine
Ranked #54 of 834 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: USD 12 - USD 30
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sweeten Creek Road
Description: Located in the heart of the Historic Biltmore Village district, Rezaz Modern Mediterranean Restaurant offers both high end dining and casual cafe styled service. Enjoy a glass of wine and some Middle Eastern snacks in the Wine Bar, or experience a five course tasting menu at the Chef's Table located right beside the "line" in the kitchen. Rezaz truly offers the complete spectrum.
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Six of us, (three couples), had a late evening meal. Most ordered full entrees, with no salad or appetizer. One ordered salad and appetizer. Our dishes were Coq-au-vin, skirt steak, tagine, and paella, The group opinion was unanimous, the quality was excellent. Everyone thought their dish skillfully and very well prepared. Flavors were subtle, but interesting, and played well together. Serving sizes were perfect, assuming you will have desert. Having desert is highly recommended. We had coconut cake, creme brule, and baklava. FYI - the coconut cake is shareable, or else you need to save extra room for it. Our server was super fast, attentive, knowledgeable, and helpful.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,099)

Reviewed 28 November 2017

What does a person do in a fine restaurant if their main course is inedible?
I ordered the Paella at Rezaz, usually a fine place. The Paella was so salty that I couldn't eat it. My family tried to share their dishes and take a little from my plate but they couldn't deal with the salt either.
Was there an extra big hole in the salt shaker? I don't care how sustainable or organic the food is. It also has to be cooked properly.
Usually when a dish is completely unacceptable, the waitress asks if they can bring me something else. And she did ask.
But that would have taken a while and by then the others at my table would have been finished.
I am giving the restaurant 3 stars because my dining partners did like their meal.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Late dinner after visiting Biltmore House and we all enjoyed the use of spices and vegetarian options. The wait staff was excellent and made the experience even more enjoyable.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

We visited Rezaz last year and were very impressed with our meals, so went out of our way to visit again this year. This time around though, not so good. The place was barely 1/3 full on a high-season October weekday evening. We had made reservations but they were clearly unnecessary, although the host said they are quite busy on weekends.

We started with the three-dip appetizer. Although we enjoyed the flavor of each (particularly the muhumarra), all three were very heavy in oil with more oil pooled on top, served with pita bread soaked in... you guessed it... more oil. The pita was so greasy that we asked for some "dry". My stomach was already groaning at this point...

We ordered vegan entrees - which here means either you pick the one vegan meal already on the menu or you can order a "vegan plate". The vegan plate entails you telling the server what vegetables from other dishes look good and they select from your list (or you could just go with "chef's selection"). I selected about 7-8 different vegetables for them to pick from, based on the server's suggestions.

When my meal arrived, despite specifically telling the server I did NOT want a plate of veggies covered in oil (twice I said this), I received an artfully presented dish of shiny, glistening, oily veggies that were drizzled with an additional "finishing oil". What part of "I'm not keen on my food covered in oil" did this guy not understand (or) not convey to the kitchen (or) the chef just ignored? I thought maybe the polenta cake would help to clear my palate, but there was so much pepper in it that I could barely manage a few bites. The oil slick on my tongue lasted well into the night... as did the indigestion.

Despite the sparsely populated dining room, our meal was draaaaaaaaaged out. I remember thinking "we just ordered vegetables... the restaurant is barely a third full...how long does it take to cook some veggies??!!" We didn't stay for dessert. So disappointed, we won't be back.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

It has been quite a few years since we have been to Rezaz and I had forgotten how good it actually is. We had a 5:30 reservation and arrived to see that the dining room had been reworked/remodeled since our last visit. It is in some ways a bit more casual, but still beautiful with crystal lighting and soothing colors. We started with a shared mezze of seared octopus and a glass of sparkling rose. The octopus was perfectly cooked and paired with an intriguing combo of pickled grapes, apple-fennel Waldorf salad and candied walnuts. It was an amazing flavor palate! For entrees we shared the paella (which would have have been big enough to share by itself) and the moussaka. Both were delicious, but the paella was outstanding. The best I have ever had with the chicken and seafood cooked to perfection. This honestly was the best meal that we have had in Asheville in a while (and we have enjoyed some excellent meals.) We will most definitely be back.