Biltmore Estate Segway Tours
Review Highlights
Greg was an excellent Segway guide

Reviewed 27 August 2018
Anne M
Hendersonville, North Carolina
FUN!

The best! We did the off road tour and just had a blast! You get to see a different side of The... read more

Reviewed 9 May 2018
popsmcgops
via mobile

All reviews off road the french broad river training session a lot of fun rugged terrain basic tour biltmore estate beginners instructions ride blast guide stops activity bike
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Our first Segway tour was at Biltmore Estate about 2 years ago. My husband and I have since done other Segway tours while on vacations, but Biltmore has more than just the basic tour. This time we were on the west side of the Biltmore Estate. We got to see a vast portion of the 4000 acres across the French Broad River. Greg was our guide for this private 2 hour tour that had us traveling on areas most folks don’t get to see. We even made our way up to get a view of Mt. Pisgah in the distance.

Because we didn’t have to spend time learning how to navigate on the Segway, we had extra time at the end of the tour so Greg took us on a trail that was quite rugged for a short time...My husband loved it....guess what our next tour will be!

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

The best!
We did the off road tour and just had a blast! You get to see a different side of The Biltmore property than you do by just going there. The guide ,Roy, was wonderful & had lots of information about the area. We would highly recommend this. It really is fun... and we’re old!

2  Thank popsmcgops
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

My daughter (13) and I did the 1.5 hour Segway tour. Our guide Dave spent about 30 min on instruction and then we were off. We both loved riding the Segway and enjoyed learning more about the estate on a few stops. I highly recommend taking the time to do this on a visit!

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

As you may have read before, we love Segway Tours so when we found out that The Biltmore offered them it was a no-brainer! This tour was our first off road tour and it was so fun! Same premise of your typical Segway tour, but with "rugged terrain." Your trip will begin with a 30 minute training session and then you are on your way. Most of the trails are available for anyone to walk, run, bike, etc. so you will see lots of other people as you cruise by. The trip runs along the French Broad River and past the Mirror Image Lake and ultimately takes you to a hilltop behind the Biltmore Mansion where you will have a beautiful view of the rear facade...stunning! The guide was amazing and made our trek even better with her humor and knowledge. If you are looking for a fun and unique way to see some of the Biltmore grounds, you should sign up for the Biltmore Off-Road Segway tour. I definitely recommend this activity!

Reviewed 30 September 2017

I've done Segway tours in several cities and nature places. The Biltmore Off Road Deerpark tour was one of, if not the best. The up-front training was extremely well done without wasted time. The two beginners (my family) picked it up very fast, and were fascinated (see pics). We started with a paved path to the lagoon (with Biltmore house across and above the water), then the difficulty increased as we climbed to the deerpark. Then down to the bridge to the wild west side of the estate. We promised to go back.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I took the 2 hour off-road segway tour on the Biltmore Estate this weekend and it was so much fun! Our guide George was so informative but also very, very safety-conscious! As you can see from my photo, he spent 30 minutes training us on riding the off-road segways (which are different than on-road segways for sure) and I felt very comfortable starting off on the tour. We road all over the estate and at one point had the most amazing view of the Biltmore House across the lake. It was gorgeous. This is a definitely must-do and we thought it was quite affordable at $75 a person. The guides don't make a big deal out of it, but they do take tips so take some cash -- they totally earn it! :).

1  Thank Shoeladee64
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Our family has gone on Segways before, and perhaps we misled the guide into assuming he needed to provide only cursory instruction, as we moved very quickly into our journey. Unfortunately it had been several years since our last outing, so we could have used the refresher (and in hindsight should have asked for it). Subsequently we did not feel totally comfortable, and 2 of us fell off more than once. Our guide did not seem particularly concerned or helpful (perhaps he was having an "I told you so" moment) - but we came back 15 minutes early because he told us we had not asked for/needed the upfront instruction time. This was disappointing. First, we do take responsibility for letting him believe we were more competent than we obviously were. But once he realized we were not doing as well as we should have been doing, it was not addressed in a helpful way, and we felt we were not treated with the same kind of attention that we should have been given. Having said that, the tour itself was very scenic and for those of us who had no problems, very enjoyable. Advice to others: be totally honest about your abilities, and take the offered refresher. Do not hesitate to ask your guide for help. Segways are a lot of fun, and the views here are great, but if you are having a bad time it can ruin the experience for everyone.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

At a recent stay at the Biltmore Inn my wife and I went on a carriage ride, horseback ride, raft ride, multiple house and ground tours and the segway tour. Needless to say, we enjoyed every activity but this one, the Segway Tour, stood out. Certainly some of this is attributed to the novelty and joy of riding a segway (no experience needed) but our guide Sean was truly outstanding and made the activity so much more enjoyable. Our only regret is that we didn't have our four children with us to see their joyous faces on the trip. Well, we'll just have to come back and take them on the ride as well.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

My husband and I visited the Biltmore Estate just a couple days ago and decided to try a Segway tour. We were not disappointed! Cameron was our guide and we, along with 3 other people, were given a brief (30 minute) training session on riding the Segways before heading out on the East side of the estate for our tour. Cameron made several key stops along the way to point out various areas of the estate (cattle operation, reflecting lake, barley fields, bridge to West side of estate, ferry boat). He shared a great deal of interesting information with us about the estate and its farming and brewing operations. He was very knowledgeable and really seemed to enjoy his job. He made our first Segway tour a great success! So much so that, when we visit again later this year, we are going to do another tour and request him as our guide! There are different tours at different price points and different lengths of time. We chose the middle level tour to begin with, but next time we're going to book the West side tour!

Reviewed 23 April 2017

We have done a couple of the Segway tours at Biltmore now and the West Side Tour is a lot of fun. It gets you across the river and onto the western side of the estate where you get a chance to see part of the old dairy, the vineyards and the shooting clays facility. Not many people get over the river, and the gravel roads are fun to ride on. It is a technically more demanding ride than some and loads of fun.