“You won't be disappointed!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Moonbeam Bungalow
Moonbeams Sweet Grill Out Area! :)
Moonbeam Kitchen- New AC/Heat unit installed above fridge
Inside of Moonbeam
'Moonbeam' Kitchen
Moonbeam Bunk
Inside of Moonbeam- Handmade bunk bed:Queen on top/Full on bottom
Inside of Moonbeam
Candle Burning Fire place inside of 'Moonbeam'
Inside of 'Moonbeam'
Spiral Staircase in Moonbeam, up to loft longe/ bathroom area
'Moonbeam' open bathroom area in Loft
Loft Lounge- Upstairs
Courtyard
walking out back to fire pit area
Fire Pit Area
Outback Fire Pit Area.
Satellite Bungalow- inquire here or see our separate listing for more pics/info
'Satellite' Bungalow- Add on or rent separately. see our separate listing
Front Entrance to the Satellite Bungalow.
Satellite Bungalow
Starry night at the Bungalows
Magic Rick Hammock
Get your HooP ON :)
Parking Area
Driveway- steep but paved (no need for 4X4)
The Moonbeam Bungalow -
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Shoshanar...
Jacksonville, Florida
“You won't be disappointed!”
Reviewed 10 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

My fiancé and I made last minute plans and we were lucky enough to stumble on this and find it was available!

We stayed in moonbeam "b" the lager of the two. The kitchen was well stocked! Lots of spices, dishes, everything you need to cook! From the minute we walked into the bungalow, we felt at home! They left fresh flowers and a bottle of wine for us to enjoy! So nice!

It seems to me that Grace thought of every detail! There was a book with directions to local hikes (jump off rock is a must) and directions were great and really helped us to plan! I would suggest maybe emailing that booklette ahead of time so guests can plan accordingly.

The queen bunk beds were super cute and fun, I haven't slept in a bunked since I shared a room with my twin! The loft was cool! The organic cleaning products provided were a nice touch.

The DVDs were also great! When it rained and ruined our hiking plans for the morning we were very happy to have them! As well as some of the games left near the door.

There is a perfect spot to do yoga with the sunrise and magic rock was magical for cell phone reception! There is so much that we enjoyed there (the hot tub too!) it is hard to not write an essay.

When we come back to NC for hiking and biking, we will certainly be returning!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 September 2014 for a stay in November 2013

Sistershe...
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Perfectly Delightful!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We stayed in the smaller of the two bungalows - the Satellite Bungalow

This little cabin in the woods is a perfect forest getaway! We followed the directions – and arrived on time. I’ve read the other reviews – about the cabin being hard to find. If one really pays attention to the directions given – it’s not hard to find.

The cabin is piece of art in my eyes. Visually pleasing from the outside – with the different angles, wood and either river rock or a limestone: It all mixes well. Even a wonderful little peach tree adorns the front of the cabin.

Privacy wasn't an issue for us. We had the space to ourselves for most of the trip. When people showed up to stay in the Moonbean bungalow - we all introduced ourselves - and continued on.

If you’re like me and have watched the movie Deliverance, one too many times, the woods might spook you. No need to worry here. I was impressed with the quality of the security enforced front door. Ain’t no one getting in. Security windows and backdoor as well: You’re safe.

The cabin is small and cozy. Decorated with high-end finishes – and organic art. The space is laid out well – because it’s small – a lot of thought went into utilizing each nook and cranny!

The bed was comfortable – and had high-end bedding. We really appreciated that after a long day of hiking and waterfall gazing. The claw-foot tub was a huge plus. Being a bath kind of gal – it was heaven. Soaking, while looking out the window and seeing nothing but green and hearing a breeze in the trees was meditative. My boyfriend prefers to shower – so he was pleased there was a shower attachment.

I would have to say the highlight of our stay was morning coffee by the fire pit in the backyard. Dogs running around – sniffing and exploring to their hearts delight, while we read our books and sipped the fresh brew that was provided for us. Birds – woodpeckers and the fresh scent of nature. Couldn’t ask for more.

Grace, the cabin owner – was nothing more than kind, helpful, friendly and available for questions.

Would I recommend this cabin to others? Oh, Hell yes! I would recommend this unit to those who enjoy nature – while staying in comfortable, cozy cabin. Because of the close quarters – two adults that like each other very much – and a couple of dogs can stay in complete comfort.

Plenty of things to do – National parks are everywhere. Asheville is a 20 minute drive away. I loved my stay and would return!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Morning coffee sitting around the fire
Liked least: couldn't stay longer!
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Jay K
Stuttgart, Germany
“Lovely”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

My wife, son, dog and I stayed at the moonbeam bungalows for 4 nights. We came to hike. We booked the smaller of the two bungalows and when we saw the larger of the two, we called the owner and she was incredibly kind and accommodating, allowing us to move into the other bungalow (much more appropriate for a family). We loved the location as it was close to many hiking trails, as well as asheville. During our stay we were alone until our last night there. Others have complained about parking, but so long as everyone is conscientious-parking is no problem whatsoever. No awkwardness at all.
The bungalow was stocked with natural cleaning products, organic soap and shampoo, organic tea etc. My wife, who is into that kind of thing loved this aspect of our stay. Plenty of glasses and dishes-kitchen is well stocked. Linens and towels however, were not. 4 towels for 3 people for 5 nights was a challenge for us. Things were clean enough that we felt comfortable, but i will agree with another reviewer that caretakers could maybe do a little more. We will certainly be back, but will be bringing some extra towels for sure. Don't miss this cool little place.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Not enough linens or towels, could have been cleaner.
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
27 Jun 2014
Thanks for letting me know guys! I really appreciate your feed back and have sent this review over to my caretakers so they can be a little more detailed when they are cleaning. Thank you for staying at Moonbeam Bungalows & Hope to have you back to stay soon :)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;