“Romantic celebration”

The Omni Grove Park Inn Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Enter another world at this enormous spa, where the usual array of spa offerings are supplemented with even more luxurious pampering treatments, magnificent views, spectacular pools under a glass atrium, and an outdoor whirlpool where you can watch the North Carolina sunset and a pervasive sense of tranquility.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I had a pedicure here and it was amazing. You get what you pay for and although the prices for services are high it definitely worth it! Every staff member I encountered was kind and inviting. The spa pools were relaxing and beautiful. Even when the spa seemed to be full it was large enough to still have privacy. The separate women's fire side lounge was cozy and relaxing, serving unlimited coffee,tea, and snacks. There is a stream room,dry sauna, inhalation room and hot tub in women's only spa area. Very romantic setting. The food served at the spa cafe was good. Drinks are over priced but that was to be expected. Great Spa, one the best spas I've visited. I easily spent 7 hours here. Can't wait to visit again.

1  Thank Chanda G
"blue ridge"
in 8 reviews
"girls weekend"

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We are visiting for our baby moon, expecting our first child. We scheduled two spa treatments at different times. I had requested a female from the beginning for my husband. Upon arrival we checked in with the spa the day prior to make sure everything was ok for our next day appt. we were told they only had a male massage therapist for my husband which he did not want or request. We arranged for a call first thing in the morning and was informed he would have to upgrade to a longer massage to receive a female therapist. Understandably he was frustrated, so with a little back and forth we decided to cancel his and keep mine for later in the day. Immediately we received a call back that all of a sudden they were able to accommodate his original massage time with a female! Now my husband is very upset because this 100% seems like a up-sell situation. Why couldn’t this be done in the first place? He needed up paying for a day pass to the spa. Very dissatisfying, disappointing and far from relaxation. Didn’t expect this from this type of hotel or spa!

OGPI, Manager at The Omni Grove Park Inn Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We apologize that your husband's request for a specific therapist could not be honored upon arrival. We understand it was confusing when, due to a cancellation, we were then able to fill his request. We sincerely hope you will visit us again and ask that you let us know any specific requests you may have when making your treatment reservations.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Not only are the views breathtaking from most any point of the Inn, the food and service are awesome. We like to stay in the original part of the Inn - very old, nostalgic, quaint, and small - they are also the least expensive rooms available - The spa is simply amazing

1  Thank madub001
Reviewed 14 March 2018

I live locally and have been fortunate to visit the Spa many times over the years. On my last few visits, I found that the Spa was becoming more and more crowded. Today was the worst. I was lucky enough to find an open chair while I waited to be called for my treatment and the number of guests walking back and forth, being called for appointments really distracted from the peace & serenity that one should expect. The indoor pool area was crowded to the point that it was hard to find an open chair or lounge. In the past, there were no alcoholic beverages in the Spa and that is as it should be. Today, I saw quite a few guests carrying around ice buckets, glasses of wine, etc. (Mind you, glass containers should never be allowed in any pool area!). To top off my frustration, I noticed a heavy chlorine smell in the water of the various hot whirlpools and when I finished using the Spa, my bathing suit had faded! Sadly, this once peaceful, facility has changed dramatically and I believe this has come about since the property is owned by Omni. Perhaps out-of-towners would not notice how the Spa has degraded but those of us who have enjoyed a top notch experience in the past are disappointed. I will however give high praise to the staff who provide the treatments - they are still the best.

1  Thank NCTraveler142
OGPI, Manager at The Omni Grove Park Inn Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thank you for your detailed observations. Due to our recent cold spell, we acknowledge that The Spa has been crowded without use of our outdoor facilities and apologize for any resulting disturbance by the indoor pools. As for the containers, we use heavy plastic beverageware and can assure you that no glass is ever present or allowed poolside.