“Gelato find”

Asheville Chocolate
Ranked #16 of 46 Dessert in Asheville
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Description: Handmade small batch chocolates and gelato.
Description: Handmade small batch chocolates and gelato.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Just the place to stop for a quick gelato pick me up. My wife had the grapefruit and I had the mint with chocolate, Both were delicious and refreshing. The young barista was charming.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit to CG and it didn’t disappoint! Gelato is amazing (made fresh) as are the chocolates. My favorite is the salted caramel chocolates. They are so rich I only need a half of one to satisfy my sweet tooth/chocolate fix.

I may need to call them and ask to ship them to us! Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

My cousin told us that, if in Asheville, we HAD to go to Chocolate Gems. They said that they had THE BEST dark chocolate. They warned us that it was a small shop on a busy street. We found it, and started looking for parking, which was a challenge. Fortunately a space opened up right in front just as we were about to give up and move on. Wow, lots of choices for hand made chocolate treats. My cousin was right DELICIOUS chocolate - dark or otherwise. Timing wise we skipped the Hot chocolate, but heard nothing but rave reviews - next time! We purchased some treats to share with folks that were going to put us up. All of us agreed; high quality, wonderful chocolate!

Reviewed 8 February 2018

The truffles were really good, as was the hot chocolate. The prices were a lot more than you would think though. I understand they are made at the store and yada, yada,yada, but 2.45 for a small truffle is a bit much. Nice old building was a bonus. Don't expect to be able to park though. Use the parking garage.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My girlfriends and I ducked in here to get out of the cold and decided to stay a while and drink white hot chocolate and get some treats! BEST HOT CHOCOLATE EVER !! I would never have thought to get white chocolate hot chocolate, but the rich taste was just too good to beat! Highlight of the day!