“Always fantastic”
Review of Tupelo Honey

Tupelo Honey
Reserve with OpenTable
Tupelo Honey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 810 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: What constitutes "New South Flavors?" For us, it is begins with reverence for those time-honored Southern dishes. Served up by wonderful home cooks for years. We respect the freshness, the flavors and the food itself. But we like to jazz it up a little, add something deliciously unexpected to delight your palate. Our interpretation of traditional Southern fare is creative, inventive and satisfyingly scrumptious. Cheers to New South Flavor!
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I love this place. Shrimp & grits (it's spicy!) and the portobello mushroom melt are my two favorites. And the biscuits! Each one is large enough for a family five. Sweet potato fries are great; the iced tea is wonderful, service is friendly... I love it. Also, they recently began an incentive card, and I just received a mailing about a free entree for my birthday!

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Went on a Monday night, so it may have been slow. Had the shrimp tacos. Ate at the bar. Heather, my waiter/ bar tender was great!

Reviewed 6 May 2012

We've been to Tupelo Honey South many times and never been disappointed. If you have any allergies or special requests, the servers and chef are happy to accommodate you and are careful with your order.

My favorite dishes are the Changing Leaves Salad and Venerated Veggie Bowl while my husband really likes the Cajun Skillet Catfish;. Brunch is also wonderful there and their biscuits, made from unbleached flour and served with homemade blueberry jam, are always great.

I prefer this location to the downtown Asheville location because it has better parking and is located in a larger, brighter, more modern building

Reviewed 1 May 2012

We are at Tupelo Honey in downtown Ashville, not sure if this is the South Cafe. We had an hour wait but, it was worth it!!!! They gave us a beeper and we went to the park next door to listen to the drums, best part of the whole trip. Then we took forever to decide what to eat so many exciting choices. We ate every last bite!

Reviewed 30 April 2012

Was a busy Saturday night, long wait even for trying to get drinks while waiting for a table. Appalachian egg rolls great for an appetizer, while the fried okra, fried parmesan corn on the cobb was great for sides. Scratch biscuits and jam to die for. meatloaf, catfish and shrimp dishes were very good, Tuna sold out. Good food, good friends, but kinda pricey.

2  Thank bluealt