“Great BBQ, Love the Baked Beans”
Review of Moe's Original BBQ

Moe's Original BBQ
Ranked #25 of 857 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: USD 0 - USD 13
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Moe's Original Bar B Que features award-winning Bama-style pulled pork, ribs, turkey and chicken smoked over hardwood served fresh daily with two unique sauces plus eight to ten traditional Southern sides and tasty desserts. Located in the Biltmore Village area, there are many shops, music venues and attractions nearby with downtown Asheville minutes away. In addition to a beautiful outdoor patio, there are 4 large flat-screen TVs for sports viewing and will be live entertainment on the weekends.
Reviewed 30 August 2018

I am never disappointed when I come here. I usually get the pulled pork sandwich with 2 sides - baked beans and corn bread. I love the beans and the sandwich is one of the best pulled pork sandwiches I have had. My only complaint was the a/c was not keeping up with the heat.

1  Thank Seagator48
Write a ReviewReviews (1,157)

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Why would you tip? Had to order in a line, get my own utensils, sauce, and drink. Wanted to sit outside but had to keep getting up to see if my order was ready. Actually while we were there a customer yelled the person’s name out the door to let them know their food was ready. Food just ok. With so many choices in Asheville, and this being a chain....Keep on driving!

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

I have been here many times and have found them to be spot on every time. Their ribs are so tasty and fall cleanly off the bone. The sides are fresh and delicious. I just wish I could make it in earlier not to miss out on some of the items that the other patrons get in there for. So jealous!

1  Thank Harlen A
Reviewed 21 August 2018

I just can't say enough good things about this restaurant. We love to visit Asheville, and used to try many fine restaurants, but now . . . we always eat at Moe's at Biltmore Village. The smoked meats are absolutely awesome, . . . always moist tender and delicious. I love the pulled pork, and treat myself occasionally, but prefer to eat healthier, and usually order the smoked turkey breast. And, the real treat at Moe's is the side dishes. Collard greens, mac cheese, bbq beans, slaw, etc, etc, and all just as good or better than Mom used to serve (sorry, MOM!).

1  Thank Tom L
Reviewed 21 August 2018

In a city filled with expensive, fancy, and pretentious dining options Moe's is the place to go for delicious no-nonsense bbq. The fried shrimp sandwich is hands down my favorite meal in the city. I usually get banana pudding and mac and cheese on the side. The catfish sandwich is fantastic too. Expect a line out the door if you get there during the lunch rush, but it is well worth the wait. Moe's is counter-serve with no table service and has a variety of beers on tap.

1  Thank Steven G