“Upscale deli delight”

Price range: USD 1 - USD 10
Cuisines: Deli, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Roman's is an award winning deli located in the heart of Downtown Asheville, NC. We have been selected as one of the top 12 Deli's in North Carolina & Asheville's Best Burger. Local draft beer & cider accompanies our menu which is created with numerous local ingredients that are brought fresh to our door daily. We offer made from scratch sandwiches, salads & soups and more. Located in the historic Vanderbilt Apartments building between the Pack Square Library & US Cellular Center. Great views of downtown & the historic Basilica St. Lawrence Church.
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

We loved the burger with goat cheese and pomegranate glaze; it was cooked perfectly. Also loved the turkey cran-Brie sandwich with a side of slaw, which was not overdressed. Our seats were upholstered; that was a first for me in a deli!

Reviewed 16 July 2016

I met a long-time friend here for lunch yesterday. What a treat! Great menu. I chose the caprese sandwich; she had the burger with pimento cheese. While I loved my sandwich, I had real burger envy when her meal arrived. So I gotta drive back now for a burger! Lovely atmosphere. You order at the counter and sit where you'd like - inside or out. Loved, loved, loved this place.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

My brother said, "That's the best burger I've ever had." I thought the same about the chicken salad sandwich. It was extraordinary. I prefer an interior with a little more creativity (this looks stodgy), but the tables outside have a nice view of St. Lawrence Basilica. My only complaint is that they aren't open for dinner. I live down the street in Montford and I'd be there a lot more were they to extend the hours. (They don't have breakfast either, so it's lunch or nothing.)

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

I had a club sandwich on grilled gluten free bread. It was fantastic. They also have GF potato salad and chips. My picky kids didn't like the chili and hamburger, but they are picky.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

We had lunch at Roman's yesterday. I had the avocado cabrese sandwich and my husband had the chicken salad. Both sandwiches were delicious. We particularly liked that we could get half sandwiches and a side. The staff was helpful and cheerful and the location convenient.