“Mr. Sushi? Oh, yeah!”
Review of Mr. Sushi

Mr. Sushi
Ranked #320 of 856 Restaurants in Asheville
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I moved here from Hawaii, by way of Seattle before that. I have had some delicious, creative, incredibly fresh sushi. I was worried about eating sushi in the mountains of North Carolina. I am not worried any more!
This is a simply appointed, extraordinarily clean establishment. It’s not a downtown sushi restaurant where you’re paying for the tourist glitz. Thank heavens, because that gets boring.
We ordered the Carolina Roll, the Shrimp Tempura Roll, and the Black Dragon Roll as well as veggie tempura as an appetizer. All of the rolls were delicious - the Carolina Roll is a house specialty and I can’t recommend it enough. The rice to ingredients ratio was excellent and allowed the flavors and freshness of the fish and other ingredients to come through beautifully.
The service is outstanding, they emphasized that they want their customers to enjoy their meal and have the freshest food possible. My glass never made it to half empty because we were being so well attended, even during Friday night dinner rush. The owners are lovely. The gentleman brought us our sushi order, was excited that we were first time customers, and asked for our genuine feedback after we tasted the plates he’d delivered. The lovely other owner even asked if we’d like to be escorted to our car with an umbrella when an Asheville downpour started up.
If you’re a local sushi lover, make this spot a top priority. Guest in town looking for well priced, good food that contributes to the local economy. This is your jam.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Judging by the reviews I read about this place, we decided to give it a try. I can't say it was a bust because it was clean, has friendly service and my boyfriend enjoyed his meal. I got the crabrangoon sushi and it wasn't the best sushi I have ever had. They have very good dumplings though.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I wasn’t too sure about a sushi place in a gas station but this was a gamble that paid off. I was bored and with no one else wanting to do anything i decided to grab a solo dinner. I generally despise eating at a place with wait staff alone but I wasn’t sure how this worked and with no one else to worry about i decided to roll the dice. Good thing i dis. Certainly not date night atmosphere, but for what i wanted it was perfect. Everyone at my office does half off sushi at earth fare on Wednesdays but this is better by miles. And for take out not that much more. Safe to say I’ll be back later in the week for lunch. Also I am writing this the day after so absolutely none if the feelings that are associated with restaurants in a gas station. Please check this place out I for one want this place to stick around.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Absolutely excellent!! For a hole in the wall sushi place next to a gas station, Mr. Sushi has greatly fulfilled my expectations. I always eat Sashimi, and my typical go to is salmon, tuna, and yellowtail. For 8.99, I was able to get 8 various pieces that were fresh and tasty. Having running around getting ready for New Years parties, I ordered this for take out and was extremely impressed with the quick service and attention to detail. As a first time customer, THANK YOU! I will absolutely be back and be referring to friends and family.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Excellent food, low prices. Had heard very good things about Mr. Sushi from a co-worker and decided to see for myself. Looked at the website and was impressed with its professional look and the amount of dishes on the menu. The service was quick, the restaurant was clean, and the bathrooms spotless. Was surprised at the amount of food for the price. All in all, I would recommend to anyone who loves sushi. I will definitely be back to try some of the other dishes. Glad to have them in South Asheville.

Date of visit: November 2017