“Lunch buffet”

Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Asheville
Reviewed 2 January 2018

Very good food, though variety is very limited for a range of Indian buffet! Dishes are majorly Indian, cant find anything Nepalese, may be the food habits are so similar, cant spot a difference! Good food though!

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We were sold when we walked in. It’s fragrant and made my mouth water. I ordered the hot chai tea and lamb curry. My husband had the bison curry and an Indian Pilsner (can’t remember which but he liked it!) the service was good too. We will be back when we’re in the area again.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

Had lunch there again today - one of our favorite places to eat in Asheville. The buffet is great - so many interesting tastes and textures. The staff is always very welcoming and attentive, too. Beautiful decor makes me feel like I'm not so near home.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Tasteless slop. Don’t. Came late lunch, buffet almost empty. No definitive flavors in cold chai, rice pudding, carrot pudding, curries. Slop. Pass this one by.

himalayaninepal, Owner at Kathmandu Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Namaste, we are very sorry as the dishes on the buffet did not satisfy your taste bud. If you were hoping to be a bit spicier for next time please ask for spicy sauces on the side. And may be if you could give us a try right after the buffet comes out, that might change your view :)

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I hadn't been to the Kathmandu Kitchen in months and since I was in the area, I was eager to have the lunch buffet again. I have never been disappointed in the buffet. There is a good variety of dishes and each one is delicious. For those who like a little heat, most dishes may be too bland. The chai tea is excellent. The atmosphere and ambience is lovely and calm. It may take a few minutes to be seated - I didn't mind. Of the three restaurants in downtown Asheville, I prefer Kathmandu given the calmer atmosphere and the better value. Recommended!