“GOOD VALUE”

Holiday Inn Express Asheville
Ranked #23 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 1 March 2012

There are many reviews about the front desk. Must say we didn't have any problem with check inn. Not the most friendly, compared to the night before, but it was handled efficiently. Breakfast was good, eggs, etc. more than adequate for a driving couple. Clean room and comfortable mattress. Overall a good stay.

1  Thank NelsonKid
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Thank you for your excellent review! We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew, Director of Sales

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Rooms were clean, well kept up, and a good breakfast. Strangely, the 4th floor room was a little warm-- even though it was a cold winter weekend-- so we had to run the air conditioning to keep it from getting stuffy. Otherwise, no problems.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

We understand our guests need for quiet, comfortable and clean rooms. These are the basics of a hotel. We also enjoy giving our guests great service and I feel our staff is very knowledgeable about the Asheville area. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you soon! Warmest regards, Ellen Pettigrew, Manager

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Hotel is nice & very clean. Staff is very friendly & helpful. Breakfast is great. The location is within 10 min of most places. The price is very reasonable for such a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2012
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Thank you so much for your kind review. It was a pleasure having you here!
Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew, Director of Sales

Reviewed 17 February 2012

I travel a LOT and I rarely write reviews of hotels because most hotels are pretty much the same - a room with a bed, hot water, someone to check you in, etc.

This hotel really surprised me. It was very easy to find and get in & out. It was updated very nicely. Lobby was quite nice & clean & pretty. The front desk staff was super-accommodating, professional, and very nice. .... they let us check in early, check out late, AND gave me as much milk as I wanted. (it's hard to feed my milk addiction while traveling.)

Bed was comfortable, and the towels were decent. (Most hotel towels, regardless of the price of the hotel, are so thin as to be non-existent.)

Also, we were, as usual, put in a room near the elevators, which typically means we are stuck in a room where all night we hear the elevator going up and down and other guests talking, walking by, opening & closing their doors, etc. - not good for sleeping. We heard nothing. I slept GREAT.

Best of all, the price was very affordable, and they had free wi-fi! Highly recommended!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dsGeorge

Thank you so much for your kind review. It was a pleasure having you stay here.
Ellen Pettigrew, Director of Sales

Reviewed 5 February 2012

I needed a place for an overnight stay, I wasn't going to Asheville, I was attending an event about 15 miles south. This was a perfect place for me. I experienced a very friendly check-in on Friday evening as opposed to what I had read in other reviews. The lobby area seemed updated and in nice condition. The room felt larger than a typical hotel room as well as the bathroom. There as a large 42" flat panel tv and 100+ channels. I do think the Holiday Inn Express breakfasts are the best of this class of hotel and this on didn't disappoint. You cannot beat the access on and off I26 to this hotel, the off and on ramp literally feed the hotel but it is far enough away from I26 you don't hear highway noise. The room was very quiet, the rooms on both sides of me were occupied but I didn't hear them.

I do live in NC and go to Asheville once or twice a year for weekend vacation. I typically stay closer to downtown but I may certainly consider this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your kind review. We look forward to seeing you again!
Ellen Pettigrew, Sales Director