“Clean, updated and comfortable”

Holiday Inn Express Asheville
Ranked #23 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I needed a place for an overnight stay, I wasn't going to Asheville, I was attending an event about 15 miles south. This was a perfect place for me. I experienced a very friendly check-in on Friday evening as opposed to what I had read in other reviews. The lobby area seemed updated and in nice condition. The room felt larger than a typical hotel room as well as the bathroom. There as a large 42" flat panel tv and 100+ channels. I do think the Holiday Inn Express breakfasts are the best of this class of hotel and this on didn't disappoint. You cannot beat the access on and off I26 to this hotel, the off and on ramp literally feed the hotel but it is far enough away from I26 you don't hear highway noise. The room was very quiet, the rooms on both sides of me were occupied but I didn't hear them.

I do live in NC and go to Asheville once or twice a year for weekend vacation. I typically stay closer to downtown but I may certainly consider this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your kind review. We look forward to seeing you again!
Ellen Pettigrew, Sales Director

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Asheville

Reviewed 10 January 2012

rude desk clerk. loud hvac overcharged on the room

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank flathman
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback about your recent stay with us. Please accept my apology for an unprofessional check in experience. This is definitely not our usual custom. I will address this immediately with our front desk team.
We hope you will stay with us again in the tuture.
Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew, Director of Sales

Reviewed 8 January 2012

A trip to Biltmore for the Christmas holidays was planned and this hotel was chosen by my friend who was not very familiar with the area.
While traveling to, I realized it was NOT on the usual strip of hotels in the Biltmore Village.
It was about 12-15 min away.
Very nice, clean accomodations; helpful staff. Especially when I walked in to our room and my eye began to water. I started sneezing, my nose clogged up within 10 min of being in the room!
It was not smoke, I couldn't figure it out!
I stepped outside on the cute balcony to get some fresh cold air. Gathered myself together and went back in.
The sneezing started again. (Please note-I am not one of those people that takes meds for allergies constantly, and only has 1-2 sinus infections/yr.)
There was a different odor in the room, but not offensive.
When I mentioned it to the front desk, they were aware of the sensitivity of some people.
I asked for a de-ionizer. They took it up for me and after dinner, the room was much better.
We did have to leave it on the whole time.
Found out from the day staff it was the combination of cleaning chemicals required by HIE to clean. Nothing they can do. Very apologetic.
Otherwise, excellent.

The staff recommended the local restaurants for which we would get a 10% disc. We tried one-the steak place (can't remember name)
It was one of the best places I have eaten. I asked for a center cut filet, rare and I got it!
My friend asked for the prime rib and it was an excellent cut.
Salads, veg and starch came with the meal.
Outstanding service and quality.
Price? Around $40, and that includes tip, and 2 beers!
Compared to eating at the Biltmore Stable or Deerpark, eat at the local and then do your tours.
Didn't check out the mall nearby, spent the day at Biltmore Village and ate at the Country Kitchen.

Room Tip: some rooms have a small balcony
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

On behalf of the entire staff at our hotel we would like to thank you for your business. We are researching different cleaning products that would be within our standards. We have serveral locally owned restaurants with two blocks of our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again soon!
Best regards, Ellen Pettigrew, Sales of Director

Reviewed 10 November 2011

We needed a room in Asheville at the last minute during "Leaf Looking" season and this was the only hotel available, so we were a little nervous, but the hotel turned out to be just fine. The room was comfortable and quiet and the breakfast was very good. Some previous reviewers mentioned renovations, but those had evidently all been completed as everything looked up- to-date and there was no construction anywhere in sight. We had to have our room keys updated twice, but the front desk attendant was very polite. It was a bit of a drive to downtown, but a good value during peak season.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2011

On behalf of our entire staff at the Holiday Inn Express we would like to thank you for your business & we hope to see you again.
Ellen Pettigrew
Sales Director

Reviewed 2 November 2011

Oct 29 - 31. Checked in early to rude desk clerk. Specific non-smoking room smelled of smoke. Refrigerator made very loud thumping sound. HVAC unit worked but fan was a bit off balance adding to room noise. When we requested a new room we were denied. Requested to cancel reservation to go to another hotel but was informed since the reservation was created online we could cancel but would still be charged full price. In the end stayed at the hotel and slept terribly.

Continental breakfast was nice.

Room Tip: Our room had a large amount of AC and Fridge noise. Request to be shown the room before accepting.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your feedback about your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies. This is definitely not our usual custom & I will address this immediately with our team.
Sincerely