“WONDERFUL PLACE TO STAY”
Review of The Alpine Inn

The Alpine Inn
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Gunnison
Reviewed 7 September 2011

This Labor Day weekend was our second stay at the Alpine Inn. Both times we have been very pleased with the clean rooms and great service. The owners are very accommodating.. If we are in Gunninson again we will stay there, no question. I'm very picky about clean rooms, and they are clean and comfy. The full hot breakfast is great and filling.. The swimming pool and hot tub was clean and fun!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stayed here for about 6 days and had a great experience. My wife and 3 children were in Gunnison for a wedding and had to find an inexpressive place to stay and they were it. 3 queen beds fit us nicely. The owners and staff were VERY nice. The hotel it self was nice and breakfast was good. I would defiantly stay again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2011

The Alpine Inn is located just to the West of Gunnison - very close (very close) to Gunnison Airport. The reception area is attractive and well presented. Our room was quite large and very well appointed (fridge, microwave, iron, aircon, coffee maker) It was clean and everything was in working order.
There is a complimentary breakfast included but it's pretty average.
The hotel's problem is its location. We had a 'lovely' view of the fuel store for the airfield. There was no noise from the airfield itself, although there is a nightclub 100 yards away and this was a bit noisy till about midnight.
Overall it was good value. We booked through hotels.com and paid $76 for 2*Queen room

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rexbarker
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I came to Colorado to see family and stopped in Gunnison for a night. After stopping at many chain hotels, I found them very over-priced. I was about to keep driving to Montrose when I found two more hotels, the Alpine Inn and the Days Inn, at the edge of town and decided to check the prices. Although the Days Inn was 2 dollars cheaper (minus tax) than the Alpine Inn, I decided the 2 dollars were worth it. The front desk clerk was polite and showed me a room, which looked recently renovated, and was very clean, and she even suggested a great place to eat dinner. I slept well, all the appliances worked fine, and the walls were decently sound proof, I had no trouble falling asleep and sleeping through the night. I didnt get a chance to eat breakfast because I was on my way out early in the morning, but as I dropped off my key I saw that there was much food available and the front desk clerk was cheery and manning the lobby bright and early. This motel exceeded my expectations and I would suggest it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank emiipemii
Reviewed 30 May 2011

My husband and I found this gem in Gunnison, Colorado while on a recent road trip. The location was convenient -- fairly close to good restaurants, grocery store, the downtown area of Gunnison, gas stations, and the main road through town. We only stayed one night and were able to obtain a room without a reservation with no problems, and at a decent price. The rooms were simple, rather bare bones, but clean, through some of the bath towels looked a bit worse for wear. The bed was comfortable and the Air/Heating unit worked well. The locale was quiet and we slept very well. We did not take advantage of the free breakfast. The front desk area and eating areas were clean and we loved the lodge-like decor. Overall a comfortable and clean place to stay. Not ritzy, but then neither was the price! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandilou
Travellers also viewed these Gunnison hotels
4.3 km away
1.9 km away
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#5 of 12 in Gunnison

Been to The Alpine Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Alpine Inn

Address: 1011 Rio Grande Ave, Gunnison, CO 81230-3915 (Formerly Gunnison Ramada Limited)
Region: United States > Colorado > Gunnison
Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Gunnison
Price Range: $97 - $112 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — The Alpine Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Alpine Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Alpine Hotel Gunnison