All reviews stayed for two nights rooms are clean pleasant surprise one night stay motel yorkie beds town dog bedding pet
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Really cute rooms and very clean.... breakfast is coffee and brighten cookies. No ice machine and VERY hard to get ahold of by phone. The owners seem very nice but $100 seems like a lot for what you get.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 2babybluz
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Great rooms pet friendly clean and just outside of town that is quiet and good parking. Great service and nice people. There are cabs and good food downtown. The coffee is there ready to go early in the morning

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2017

The landscaping, buildings, and rooms are all very well maintained and designed with western charm rather than the boring chain hotel properties.

I noted was that the walls between the rooms are a bit thin, allowing conversations from one room to be easily heard in the adjacent room. Just play a bit of white noise on your iPhone.

The rooms are all no smoking, but, unfortunately, there are ash trays just outside the doors, much too close to the building.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Curt T
Reviewed 11 October 2016

We were pleasantly surprised when we opened the door to our room. It was cozy and inviting,decorated with Adirondack style furniture. The room was very clean and had everything that you could need for an overnight stay. The rooms were all on one floor and was very peaceful when we were there.The price was reasonable and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2016

The Long Holiday is a sweet, retro motel on the highway near Gunnison. We've loved staying in locally owned motels and most of the time, our experiences are great. We were happy with our room, but soon became aware that the young men in the room next door might present a noise issue (loud music + beer). I asked for a different room because I'd rather move at 6 pm rather than at 10. The owner said he'd let us move, but he also said he hadn't had a problem with the young men before, and that I was just "picky." Although I was offended, we agreed to take the new room. Things were fine after that. It was very quiet.
Honestly, requesting a room change should not have been a big deal - at least I don't think so; I've never had to ask before. It was shortly after we'd arrived, we hadn't used the bed, and only minimally used the bathroom. In the morning I thanked the owner for the room change, and he responded with some response like 'so there!' I said, "This is where you could say, "Thank you for your business.'" He finally said thank you, but was a real jerk.
A note that might be important for some travelers: there's no hairdryers.

Room Tip: Single-story property so you won't have noise above you
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple