All reviews pringle family dirt road breakfast and dinner home cooking family friendly environment family reunion rooms are clean pringles tammy byob miles
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I feel like repeating most of the same comments other patrons have posted about this place but in a nutshell, the Pringles just do an awesome job at this ranch. It's the best vacation my family has ever had. The horse rides far exceeded my expectations, the food was awesome, BUT the Pringles and the staff made it so special. It turned out that we made some very good friends over the week. My family dominated the staff in a volleyball game, won first place in the cattle penning, and my son won the boat float contest and also beat Andrew playing basketball in the pool. We miss being at the Ranch and hope to come back soon. You can't go wrong with Waunita Hot Springs Ranch.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2012

This guest ranch had everything one could want: horseback riding, art lessons with professional artist in residence, rafting, great food, music. Wuanita is just a very special place amid the beautiful Rockies.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Our first trip to Waunita Hot Springs was everything we imaged and more. The rides were breathtaking, and we enjoyed hearing the history and stories about the land and people who live there. We loved the food, the fellowship and the entertainment from the Cowboy Poet to the great night of music. The Pringle Family makes everyone feel welcomed and comfortable. Our kudos go out to The Pringles, staff and wranglers for making our week so very special. Hope to see you next year!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kerri H
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My wife and I , and our 2 sons, has an incredible week of relaxed, pampered, fun at an elevation of 8900' above sea level that simply can't be beat. The weather was still pleasant in spite of the fact that they were experiencing a drought. Flowers were beautiful in the high country and we even got to see our first ever sighting of a bull moose along the creek in the willows, just grazing away.The staff were extremely friendly and well mannered with all ages and attentive to the fact of making sure we were all having a good time. I was impressed that most ages were able to horseback ride because of the 5 skilled wranglers and children's activity coordinator. I know you are at risk at any time on horseback, but they certainly made sure to do their best to match the rider with the correct horse. I can't say enough about their expertise in the riding. Great trails, views, variations of skill levels, ect.
Soaking in the 100degree pool after the days activities just hit the spot to relax my 50 year old muscles back to normal for the next day. The food was much better than i expected it to be and in great taste and quantity. Nobody in my bunch had one negative comment, except they didn't want to leave. The Pringles and staff treat you like your family and you can sure sense their genuineness and passion to make our vacation its best. It's hard to stop commenting, but i'll close with this: You simply can't beat it anywhere, with all the options of activties,caring staff, beautiful outdoors, rustic comfortable accomodations, delicious food, in a relaxed, loving atmosphere. The show , put on by the staff and special guest, was so entertaining and fun, i thoroughly enjoyed it. Square dancing, rafting, cards, painting, team cattle penning, cookouts, hayride, making new friends, it was all good.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Raymond E
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Just returned from our second visit to the ranch. Since we had such a great time last year we were worried it couldn't live up to our memories, but it was just as much fun as ever. The Pringles do such an amazing job making sure everyone has a terrific vacation. The horses all have their own distinct personalities and Randi is skilled at matching horse and rider. The ride to Stella Mountain, which we missed last year due to snow, was wonderful - incredible views, solitude and beautiful trails. Although we travelled as a couple, the ranch is definitely great for families. There are lots of activities, including arena games for the kids and cattle penning for the adult riders. Really can't recommend this place enough and it comes down to great horses and a family and staff that truly care about their guests. Thanks to everyone at Waunita and hope to see you again next year!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple