“Don't be put off by the look”

Royal Palm Grill & Deli
Ranked #11 of 176 Restaurants in Homestead
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 January 2017

What a great breakfast stop. I certainly wouldn't have chosen it from the trip advisor food picture, nor from driving past. The front looks old and seedy, and even looked closed, but you have to look past that. Inside an old style with a matching menu. I had the country frittata, a light tasty mix of eggs, meat and potatoes. It had a light covering of a gravy, which I wouldn't normally enjoy, but it was nice. My sister had the New York strip steak. It had a perfectly seasoned steak with lovely homefires, the type that have the wonderfully burnt edges. All in all a very good breakfast. Our server was so very helpful brining me all 3 choices of hot sauce, when I was unable to deside which to choose. Great grill, Dont overlook this ugly ducking, for us on a road trip from the keys to Orlando, it was the perfect breakfast break stop off. We parked in a bay at the front, but noticed there was a sign for parking at the back.

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

We decided to stop here for lunch after visiting Biscayne National Park based solely on TA reviews. I must admit that we were all a bit skeptical as we parked beside the 'Lock your car or stuff will get stolen' sign and walked in a back door with minimal signage. Confident in my fellow reviewers though, we held true and I'm glad we did! The only reason for 4 stars is that we waited at least 25 mins for our food, which felt excessive given the fare. Also the staff weren't very attentive, seeming to serve people they knew over new people.
The food we got was really good. My club sandwich was huge and easily shared between me and my 2 year old. The fried chicken strip salad and the vegetable plates were also highly praised. The prices are relatively good as well. Overall, we would eat here again if we were in the area.

Reviewed 16 December 2016

A great diner feel, great prices and a very wide selection, everything we had was freshly made and homemade, I had the vegetable platter and my girlfriend had the Southern Rueben, and both were great, and the service was most excellent and the place was clean. I look forward to my next visit to Homestead to eat there again

Reviewed 15 November 2016

My wife and I stopped for lunch. We each had a Ruben and a glass of ice tea was $25.00. plus tip. The meat in the sandwich was as tuff as leather and a few french fries Service was poor and far from friendly. Will not go back.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

We love this place, actually two places. Been going here for years, great food, friendly service, and good prices. This is where everyone in Homestead goes for food so might be a line at busy times.