“Absolutely disgusting!! Do not go here!!”

Travel Inn Beaumont
Travel Inn Beaumont
Ranked #1 of 2 Beaumont B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

The moment we drove up the place looked shady and boy was I right !! Walked into the room and it smelt musty and old. Turned on the a.c. To start cooling room down, noticed leaves and dust coming out of vents. Looked inside and it was full of leaves, dirt, and dust. Then proceeded to check the bed for bed bugs and what not, sheets stained (a lot), dust everywhere and 2 small baggies that had drugs in them at one time. I have small children and I was so appalled!
Walked outside because I was so disgusted with the room, happen to look to my right and two prostitutes are coming out of a room and a guy is following. There is a pool! But it's full of sand! Told the manager on duty about it and all he does is call the boss who does nothing. We demanded a refund and took off as quick as we could.
Please do not waste your time here unless you want a drug or prostitute fix. Absolutely disgusting place and no one seemed to care about the shape the rooms were in.

Stayed: June 2016
1  Thank Lysa T

Reviewed 25 July 2013

we arrived last night, and while driving I saw other hotel prices cheaper than what we got our room for. We checked into the motel, and I went to use the Rest room. I was washing my hands, And I pick up the hand towel on the rack next to the sink. and there was a Crusty Stain on the Rag. And I made the mistake of smelling it... it was a "Male human stain." (thats what I am going to call it..
we called the front desk. and I told him of what I found. He laughed and and proceed to ask if it was Folded for our use..Yes.. I handed the Rag to my dad and he left to Show the front desk.. he asked me How did I know it was a "male Human Stain" and as I told him "I smelt it." he wasn't paying attention, because my dad arrived to the front desk and Showed him, and he hung up on me.

my dad comes back and tells me that the man at the front desk was accusing me for it. and that I made him mad. asking my dad the Same question "How does he know what it is?"
I'm a male too. I'm not stupid.
all we got was two rags to replace for the one rag with the "human stain"

the whole stay I didn't trust the towels the laundry, and the furniture. I know people make love.. but I don't want evidence from the previous stayers. I want to be sure that my Hotels and motels Clean their Laundry.

this morning at 7:20 we were woken up to the motel room getting bright, and the door opening.. we heard a Female Voice and the slam of our Door.. I don't know if it was the maids, or the House keepers or someone else who has access to this Room. even if its a common mistake from the front desk. (which I highly doubt) that is enough to say to me Don't stay here if you can avoid it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Michael F
Reviewed 21 September 2012

It looked handy so I stopped in. Paid $45 cash.

Before I even got to my room, a prostitute approached me. At about 1 AM, there was a fight going on right in front of my room.

Later, I could see drug deals going down in room 228.

When I was emptying the drawer with my clothes the next morning, there were numerous cockroaches in the drawer.

Just disgusting.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank DavidRTX
Reviewed 1 January 2008

My mother and I were traveling across Texas late at night looking for a place to stay. We happened upon the Travel Inn, Beaumont, which was only a few blocks off the interstate and seemed as good as anywhere. I asked the nightclerk for the price and my mother and I thought it was agreeable. I gave him my credit card and an ID card and he immediately began writing my social security number down. I should have left the hotel right then, but I took the paper and my ID back from him and asked him if he really needed that information. He said no and I blotted out my social with a felt pen. I gave him a driver´s license instead since he still insisted on ID for the credit card. I did not notice him write anything but he went into the back for a few minutes, supposedly to retrieve the key.

The motel was as dirty as any I have ever stayed in and my mother and I could not sleep. The sheets were stained, there was dust everywhere, and the windows were severely cracked. I should have known right from the beginning how the shady the place was.

The next day I went to the hotel and noticed that, on the check-out sheet, my name, address, driver´s license number, and birthday had been written in the spaces designated for the make, model and license plate number of my car. On the other side of the sheet was a copy of my credit card. There was a different clerk on duty in the morning and I demanded that he return my personal information to me. He refused to do so and would not even let me speak with the manager. After insisting for several minutes he called the manager by phone and spoke with her in a different language but wouldn´t pass the phone to me. I then insisted on a business card and at first he wouldn´t even give me that. Eventually, after threatening to call the police, I got a copy of the check-out sheet (not the original) and their business card. I have been trying to protect my personal assets and credit ever since.

I would be extremely careful of the Travel Inn. It is worth paying double or triple to stay anywhere else. I was later advised that identity scams are quite common in roadside motels and will never, ever stay in a place that even remotely resembles the Travel Inn as long as I live. I was fortunate to have caught the problem at its source and know exactly who is responsible for whatever irregularities may appear on my credit report in the future.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family