“Filthy - drug dealers - yelling and fighting at night”

Travel Inn Beaumont
Travel Inn Beaumont
Ranked #1 of 2 Beaumont B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 September 2012

It looked handy so I stopped in. Paid $45 cash.

Before I even got to my room, a prostitute approached me. At about 1 AM, there was a fight going on right in front of my room.

Later, I could see drug deals going down in room 228.

When I was emptying the drawer with my clothes the next morning, there were numerous cockroaches in the drawer.

Just disgusting.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank DavidRTX

Reviewed 1 January 2008

My mother and I were traveling across Texas late at night looking for a place to stay. We happened upon the Travel Inn, Beaumont, which was only a few blocks off the interstate and seemed as good as anywhere. I asked the nightclerk for the price and my mother and I thought it was agreeable. I gave him my credit card and an ID card and he immediately began writing my social security number down. I should have left the hotel right then, but I took the paper and my ID back from him and asked him if he really needed that information. He said no and I blotted out my social with a felt pen. I gave him a driver´s license instead since he still insisted on ID for the credit card. I did not notice him write anything but he went into the back for a few minutes, supposedly to retrieve the key.

The motel was as dirty as any I have ever stayed in and my mother and I could not sleep. The sheets were stained, there was dust everywhere, and the windows were severely cracked. I should have known right from the beginning how the shady the place was.

The next day I went to the hotel and noticed that, on the check-out sheet, my name, address, driver´s license number, and birthday had been written in the spaces designated for the make, model and license plate number of my car. On the other side of the sheet was a copy of my credit card. There was a different clerk on duty in the morning and I demanded that he return my personal information to me. He refused to do so and would not even let me speak with the manager. After insisting for several minutes he called the manager by phone and spoke with her in a different language but wouldn´t pass the phone to me. I then insisted on a business card and at first he wouldn´t even give me that. Eventually, after threatening to call the police, I got a copy of the check-out sheet (not the original) and their business card. I have been trying to protect my personal assets and credit ever since.

I would be extremely careful of the Travel Inn. It is worth paying double or triple to stay anywhere else. I was later advised that identity scams are quite common in roadside motels and will never, ever stay in a place that even remotely resembles the Travel Inn as long as I live. I was fortunate to have caught the problem at its source and know exactly who is responsible for whatever irregularities may appear on my credit report in the future.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family