All reviewsplace to stayin towncar rentalparking lotrooms are cleanrefrigerator and microwavefree wifithere is no air conditioningfive minute walkstaff was very friendly and helpfulcomfortable hotelother placesauroraroadslobbyfordexplorer
Reviewed 5 July 2016

We stayed here for 3 nights in early June. Very friendly and helpful staff, nice large room, very clean. We also hired our car from the Aurora, which was very hand. Never did try a breakfast as we were on a birding trip and doing strange hours! Highly recommended on all counts.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Brian S, General Manager at Aurora Inn and Executive Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words. We do not offer breakfast though several great restaurants are within a 3 minute walk, but we always have coffee and Tea as well as frozen meals and noodles with soda and water at the front desk.
Hope you saw some of the amazing birds that are really only accessible here in Nome Alaska.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

Rooms large and comfortable. Not cleaned everyday and coffee etc not always replaced. Downside is that it does not have a restaurant. Free coffee and tea in reception. Plenty of parking in front and behind the hotel. Situated on the edge of town.

Room Tip: No lift so ground floors easier.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Thanks for the review. We do clean rooms everyday however, though we respect the Do Not Disturb signs religiously as people are often on very varied schedules here.
Thanks Again

Reviewed 3 June 2016

Just returned from a three day meeting and this was a very nice place to stay, The rooms are very large and very clean it is handy to every thing, though Nome isn't that big, and they have very friendly and efficient staff.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business

Thanks for your kind words! We welcome you back at any time!

Reviewed 24 May 2016

The lobby is nice and the people working there were amazing! :) The rooms were clean but "old". They did have fridge and coffee maker and microwave (food is available at the front desk). Would stay there again. Wifi was horrible in the room where I stayed (1st floor east side).

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Thanks for your review Kim. We are working to modernize the hotel, starting with all new mattresses for every room this year and other furniture next year. As an Alaskan I am sure you realize just how expensive it is to transport large items around our great State, but we are working as quickly as possible to make that happen. Hopefully you will have a chance to visit us again and try out our all new memory foam mattresses.

Reviewed 10 April 2016

This was my first trip to Alaska, and I was coming to Nome for 13 days for work. I knew that Nome was a small area, so my first concern was finding a hotel. After looking online at what hotels were there, I originally booked to stay at the Nugget Inn, but due to some miscommunication that reservation got lost...and I am very grateful for that mishap! I then called and booked my stay at the Aurora Inn. So I arrived in Nome, but my baggage did not, so I was upset that I had to go to work the next morning in the same clothes I had been traveling in all day. When I got to the hotel, I found out that my company had not provided all the correct information for the direct billing...so it was turning into a stressful end of a long day. The manager of the hotel said not worry about the billing, since I was booked there for almost two weeks, and that it could be taken care of the next day, and he even offered to drive me down to the store so I could get some items to hold me over until my baggage arrived. I travel frequently for work, and have never received that level of outstanding customer service before. I was extremely impressed. Now with being there for almost two weeks, I definitely wanted a fridge and microwave, and was able to get one of the rooms that had the small kitchenette, which was perfect for what I needed. The room was nice, comfortable, and very clean. The hotel does have free wifi, and there was always coffee ready in the main lobby. There is a coin operated washer and dryer (soap you can buy at the front desk), which is important for hotels to have for those that have longer trips. All the staff I had interactions with were friendly and able to answer any questions I had. During my time in Nome, I was able to walk around and check out some of the other hotels I saw online...and wow. The other places looked run down, and not like a place that I would want to stay in. I asked the associates I was there working with on their opinions of the other hotels (they are locals) and they told me some pretty bad stories involving dirty rooms, bad/rude staff, electrical problems...etc. And they even said that they only recommend the Aurora to others. From my experience, this is a great hotel, and I will stay here again if I come back to Nome. My recommendation is that you stay here while in Nome. If they do not have rooms available, then look at changing the dates of your trip...seriously!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Joseph275
Brian S, General Manager at Aurora Inn and Executive Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2016

Wow Joseph, Thanks so much for the Kind words! We do pride ourselves with trying to help our guests in any way possible, and that includes when the the airlines have some transport difficulties, get cancelled, or other problems arise.
It was great having you here, and when you come back next time, now that the roads are opening up with the spring thaw, we'll head on out and look for some Musk Ox, Moose and other wildlife.