Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Comfort InnUSD 149
PricelineUSD 148
Hotels.comUSD 166
Expedia.comUSD 166
CheapTicketsUSD 166
TravelocityUSD 166
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 September 2019 via mobile

My husband and I were there for two nights for my high school reunion. Party and dance on Saturday night. Up late and then about 8:05 am Sunday morning we got housekeeping yelling and banging on the door. We were sound asleep and when we didn't answer immediately, they were trying to come in the door!! Same situation with my friend and her husband! AND if they hadn't actually banged on YOUR door, you could hear them banging and yelling on other doors as they went down the hallway. PS Checkout time at 12 noon.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Sheetal P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Los Alamos, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2019

We appreciate you staying with us and your feedback as well. I do apologize about the inconvenience that happened during your stay. As new ownership has taken over we are working on correcting these mistakes and bad habits. Reviews like yours help us correct issues and we appreciate your feedback always. I will make sure that our staff is aware of your comments and that these issues will be resolved. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to have the opportunity to wow you in your future travels. hope you have safe rest of your trip.

Manager Comfort Inn Los Alamos

Reviewed 21 July 2019

At nearly $200 per night, one hopes for better than this Comfort Inn. Even cheap motels usually do better.

The coffee maker was stocked with just one decaf packet for two people in the room. I was pretty cranky by the time I got downstairs to their buffet breakfast, only to find them almost out of caffeinated coffee at 8 a.m.

My traveling companion is heavy footed, I admit. But imagine how shocked I was to feel the floor swaying as she walked across the room. Just to be sure I was not imagining things, I had her walk back and forth. Maybe it's some architectural design factor to absorb sound, I don't know, but I don't think much of that solution.

I don't know what it is about motels/hotels, but lack of towel racks seem to be a thing common to them all. This Comfort Inn is no exception. Worse, I got in the shower, turned it on, and realize I hadn't seen a towel in the separate shower/toilet room. Yes, kids, the bath towels aren't in the same room as the bath tub. Bather be aware.

Speaking of toilets (ok, we weren't, but I did mention one), if you are at all physically impaired, if you have difficulty squatting, you will NOT want the end room on the second floor that we were in. I have honestly never sat on a toilet that low in a hotel/motel before. It's as if it was made for toilet training toddlers.

Another reason to not be in that end room was the ice machine. In the summer everybody wants ice, and the machine was right outside our door. Travelers seem to like to fill their ice chests at odd hours, when they should be asleep!

The air conditioning was great. I gotta say that. But at night I don't want to hear it. The window opened -- some motel windows don't these days -- but only about 6". It was better than nothing.

I never could hook up to the wifi, so I had to use a hotspot of my own.

I'd say this room compares favorably to a $65 anywhere else. Maybe add on $25 because it's close to downtown Los Alamos. But definitely not worth what they charge.

Room tip: Odd numbered rooms are on the shady side of the building.
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

We do apologize about the late reply. Our hotel has new ownership as of October and we are working to better the property and correct these issues from the past. We appreciate your review and will work to better accommodate all guests for future stays. We hope to bring a wow factor if your travels lead you this way again. We would love to have you.

Reviewed 7 July 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for a night as we were passing through town. The room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was good. (The attendant worked hard to keep everything stocked for breakfast!)
If I had to talk about any downfalls, I would say the water pressure in the shower could be better. Also, the price of our room was a bit much. Overall, I really can’t complain, as the hotel was quiet and convenient.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 June 2019 via mobile

I have stayed here numerous times before on business at the lab. Today is the last time I will ever stay here or any Choice Hotel Property. I arrived after spending the day flying and driving to get here and was told that they didn’t have a room. A guest had decided to stay an extra night and they didn’t have a room available. The problem is the guest told them at 10 A.M. I arrived at 7:30.P.M. No text, call, or email to alert me. Just told that they don’t have a room. They didn’t offer to make a reservation at another hotel or apologize for the inconvenience. I called the 1-800 number for Choice Hotels. I was told they were so sorry, but each hotel is independently owned and they would look into it. They never tried to find me another hotel or compensate me for the inconvenience. I was told I would need to contact our booking agency, who makes the reservation for government employees. How does that help me at 7:30 at night. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed 13 May 2019 via mobile

Nearest hotel to the lab. Close to selection of restaurants. Clean rooms, attentive breakfast servers. Difficulties with their cable and television. Would stay here again. Met all of needs. Good rack in the front on attractions.

Date of stay: May 2019