“Boston Seafood to Delight the Casual Diner”
Review of Legal Sea Foods - CLOSED

Legal Sea Foods
Price range: USD 20 - USD 50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Tysons Blvd
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods - really fresh fish. Virginia is for lovers (of seafood)! Our two-story restaurant is double the fun with entrances on both levels for easy entree. Choose to make a splash in the downstairs dining room or in the bar upstairs. Our landscaped interior patio is also a popular lure. Our convenient restaurant location within Tysons Galleria will get you hooked. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there's no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We've received a boatload of accolades including "Best Place for Great Seafood" (Washingtonian Magazine, 2008), "Best Crab Cakes" (Washingtonian Magazine, 2008) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed 29 October 2017

If you are from Boston, or anywhere on the east coast for that matter, you probably know Legal Seafoods for excellent fresh seafood. I always enjoy eating here. This location is situated in a mall for upper income shoppers. It is close to some of the best shopping in the DC metro area. My office is close by, so this is a great place for me to dine or have some drinks after work.

During my last visit, I had lunch consisting of a large bowl of chowder and a salad. My total bill was less than $20 after tip and taxes. You can order almost everything imaginable for lunch or dinner that comes from a traditional American seafood fare. All the staff are great as is the food. As I recall, my table had a linen tablecoth. My server was very personable and made my visit most enjoyable.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

I love seafood, so my standards are high. I thought Legal Seafood was an average. Not great, and not bad. The service was good and professional. I would eat at seafood again.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

The menu is FABULOUS. The food just scrumptious. From Steaks to Burgers to Fish & Chips to a full seafood combo EVERYTHING was prepare to our exact requests and the wait staff are to be COMENDED !!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Note: The standard bearer seafood Chain in food quality and service.
A steady 2 star restaurant.
Concept: Seafood with a direct supply line. 16/20
Ambiance: Large dining rooms with a live clientele. Decor is not a factor. 15/20
Food: Very good on it's totality 15/20
Service: Professional 15/20
Value: Near expensive. Keep in mind that seafood prices are steadily climbing 14/20
Will I go back: Yes ... and I often do.

1  Thank john p
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I have been going here for years, and when I went recently, and ordered the New England Clam Chowder,I expected the same delicious chowder as always. It was not. It should have been re-named New England Potato Chowder. There was little evidence of clams nor the delicious taste. It was mostly potatoes. And it cost $9.95 for a bowl!

1  Thank FFtravels