Kokopelli Lodgings
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Moab
See available hotels
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Gonzo Inn(Moab)
Bowen Motel(Moab)
View Hotel
All reviewshot tubliving roomfull kitchenmain streetcoffee makerwithin walking distancein townsliding doorrooms are smallgas grillstay there againbunk bedsquiet locationworked greatdowntown moabshops and restaurantsafter a long day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We stayed in the Kokopelli Suites in room #1 which was a 2 bedroom/2 full bath suite. This room was part of a fourplex of apartments which was located in a residential area. Stayed here Sep 12-13 and enjoyed the stay. The unit was nicely decorated, clean, the beds were comfortable and the kitchen was fully stocked. Didn't find any problems with the water pressure once I adjusted the shower head. We paid $135 per night. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Don’t know if I would consider Kokopelli a “lodge” as it had more of a B&B motel atmosphere to it. We stayed in Room 1 with two double beds with a very small bathroom (no bathtub). Loved the warm colorful décor and feel of the room. Small refrigerator and microwave worked well with leftovers for the numerous places to eat within walking distance of the main tourist area. A City Market card (local grocery store) was attached to your room key which I thought was a nice touch to receive a discount if you needed to shop or get gasoline. The motel also had a side yard with table, chairs and a grill if you wanted to cook out However with all of the picnicking we had already done (two week Grand Circle Tour) we were happy to eat out at the Moab Brewery a couple of blocks away; good food and good beer! They also have a hot tub (did not use) right behind the motel office which looked like it was associated with a room but they said it was open for all to use. I highly recommend Kokopelli lodge for location, price and atmosphere. I got a nice feeling of Moab staying in this independently owned property and would stay here again.

NOTE: Took 2 week Grand Circle Tour. For other lodging reviews please see: Zion NP Lodge, Bryce Canyon Inn Tropic, Days Inn Capitol Reef Torrey, Rodeway Inn Page, Grand Canyon North Rim Cabins, Jacob Lake Inn Jacob Lake.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa_Chi_town
Reviewed 19 October 2011

A great hotel right in the middle of Moab. Yes, the room is small, but you're not in Moab to hang out your room! The room was quaintly decorated with hardwood furniture. The bed was comfortable and the bedding was soft. There are no toiletries provided, but there is a microwave, coffee maker, fridge. There is a hot tub, but I didn't try it.
\
A few things:
It wasn't until I was leaving that I noticed there is a club card for the local supermarket on the key ring - I wish it had been pointed out to me when I checked in!

I got to the Lodge early - about 1pm - hoping to be able to get into room. There was a sign in the office window to the effect that they'd be back at 3pm, check-in time. No early check-in. I don't know if it would have been different if I had called in the morning about my early arrival.

Front desk wasn't much help with finding yoga classes. Found a class at the Arts and Rec Center a block away and a studio behind the Red Rock Bakery, right around the corner.

Walls are thin, could hear neighbors on both sides(...plus the people who like to speak loudly at the crack of dawn while standing in the driveway outside their room, but that's not the hotel's fault! Just a reminder to future guests...)

Despite these issues, the small, local vibe makes this place worth it!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank wanderercf
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Moab has grown since we first started visiting back in the 80's. We found this little "route 66" type motel when our other favorite did not have any rooms available. We've been staying here ever since....about five years now. The rooms are clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. The street is quiet and close to many good restaurants.....try Singha just around the corner for great Thai food! The owner of this property has others in town, but we keep coming back to this little gem....

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2NPTravellers
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We lucked into a cancellation at the Kokopelli and got a "suite" on Rosetree Lane. The accommodations are perfectly fine. Nice kitchen, nice yard for our dogs. Comfortable beds and nice living area. We come to Moab fairly often and like this location, 4 blocks off of Main. Stay here if you may want to cook, and who doesn't in Moab, if you have dogs or if you want a good value. We stayed during the busiest weekend of the year and they did not gouge us on price.

• Stayed: October 2011