“Just OK.”

Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Moab
Arvada, Colorado
“Just OK.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

We stayed here and it was ok. Nothing special. Could be a great hotel with some work. Our carpet was dirty. The doors had such large gaps in them. We has to put towels down to keep the noise out. The pool is ok but need some attention. We had our dog so it worked for us. Great location in Moab.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

A clean place with all the basics (including refrigerator and microwave) that is kid and pet-friendly. It has free Wi-Fi in the rooms, a pool and hot tub in which the kids can play in. Everything my family needed. I agree with some of the other reviewers that the rooms needs a little updating. The table in my room is standing on only 3 legs with the fourth barely propping it up. However, this is the cleanest pet-friendly hotel I've ever been in with no trace of any pets having been there before. This is excellent in my opinion. You are only about a minute walk away from Main Street to all the shops and restaurants. We were there the week after Easter and didn't seem very busy so I can't comment on the noise or the Wi-Fi traffic. My family and I had a very pleasant stay.

1 Thank TravelSmart10
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Had to cancel my reservation. The young lady argued with, even calling me names! Imagine a service business that takes pride in insulting paying guests. I had to raise my voice with her just to get her to be quite and listen to me. They even charged me the full night. I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN!

2 Thank kristofferb

Travellers are raving about these Moab hotels

New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed at the River Canyon Lodge during the weekend of the Canyonlands Half marathon. We asked about late check out because we were traveling with my children and weather wasn't very nice out. We were only requesting an extra hour and they refused. I think next time we go, we will look for a different place to stay.
The hotel was very noisy, as we could hear conversations and TV's from other rooms. A continental breakfast would have been nice as well...as this is located a good walk from any breakfast if you are traveling with small children.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Vtwinke
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed at the River Canyon Lodge this past weekend and it is a great choice in town. My wife ran the Half Marathon, and this hotel is only a block or so from the assembly point for the buses and the finish line. Moreover, we could walk into town to shop and enjoy one of the many restaurants.

The RCL beats many of the cheaper options in town just because of the interior doors (instead of the motels with exterior room doors). The place is a bit worn around the edges, but clean and though not fancy at all, it is nice at this price point. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The WiFi was always "busy" it seemed and mostly useless. But this was all about having a place to stay close to the race and downtown, and it fit the bill just fine.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side don't face the bar across the street, and are therefore a bit quieter wh...