Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,074 results
All reviews petting zoo farm to table river view horseback riding tennis courts family suite four seasons arches national park jeep tour s mores rock formations beautiful property the main lodge fire pit minute drive moab area horses
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 May 2021

The setting is beautiful and sitting by the river staring at the gorgeous scenery can't be beat. But for the price, the service is less than desirable. From the moment we made reservations to the end of our stay, we experienced untrained employees. The employees were friendly but clearly had no training. They even called us the day of our arrival and asked if we were arriving the next day! So they weren't even sure of our reservation dates even though I had written confirmations. The front desk gave us no info about the resort when we checked in and barely provided directions to our unit and that it was at least a football field distance from where we could park - over a grass field. Told we couldn't eat at the bar, we opted for take out and then saw others eating in the bar. The bartender and food manager got into a scrap in front of us. The wine list is incredibly overpriced and the food is marginal in its portions. We will not return but hope to find a resort near Moab that has similar views. I rarely write reviews but since I do use them, I wanted my fellow travelers to know that this place is definitely not worth the money.

Date of stay: May 2021
Managing Director, Other at Sorrel River Ranch Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2021

Thank you for the constructive feedback and indeed I am embarrassed to learn about the details of your stay. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you at your best convenience. I hope to genuinely demonstrate my concern and try to rebuild your confidence and trust.

Unfortunately I cannot turn back the hands of time but I do remain hopeful you will permit me to demonstrate that Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa can meet your expectations. My email address is MD@Sorrelriver.com and my name is Amadeo Zarzosa Managing Director, Sorrel River Ranch & Spa. Mobile number 754 209 8428

Best regards,
Amadeo

Reviewed 29 April 2021

Sorrel river ranch is getting a bad rep lately, not sure I understand why? The property is not a Four Seasons, but the rooms are comfortable and feature an incredible view.
We only stayed three nights and enjoyed the adventures offered by the resort. We ate at the restaurant upstairs in the main building and had an enjoyable experience. A tall man warmly greeted us. He had a French accent, and he told us that he arrived about two months ago from New York. He made us feel welcome and sat us at a window table. He advised us on a beautiful rose from Provence.
The food was well prepared and delicious. After dinner, we walked to our room, and it was a breathtaking experience. The resort is stunning.
I am not sure how all this negativity is all about. I would assume the people have a tough time adapting to the very different mindset from cities. You come to Utah to enjoy nature and its beauty. It is not for everybody, and having an attitude toward everything makes you experience a disappointment.

Room tip: River views are spectacular
Date of stay: April 2021
Managing Director, Other at Sorrel River Ranch Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2021

Dear 199bellab,

Thank you for the kind feedback and I was delighted that you enjoyed the stunning resort surroundings. Indeed, we have faced some challenges recently due to not being able to get all of the employees required due to the restrictions during the Covid 19 situation. Nevertheless, I pleased to say we are now moving into the right direction and anticipate our guest will experience what you experienced during your visit.

I will look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2021

View and room is amazing but the service leaves much to be desired. The food and beverage manager could care less about his customers. I personally experienced his indifference. They have a decent wine list but they only have port wine glasses to serve them in. The food menu is small and does not change but the quality of the food was good. The website is 100% inaccurate. The petting zoo does not exist, the market does not open until 9:30, although advertised it opens at 7am, the food menu online for dinner/lunch is 100% inaccurate as well. Nothing listed on the online menu is available. We enjoyed the nightly campfire and the complementary s’mores but it was definitely not worth the spend

1  Thank karynroeling
Managing Director, Other at Sorrel River Ranch Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2021

Dear Karynroeling,

Thank you for submitting your review. Our customer feedback is the best resource we have for improvement. We are truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations and want to discuss the details of your stay further. We do not see a reservation under your name, but want to investigate. Please contact me directly at md@sorrelriver.com at your earliest convenience, or you may call me directly on my mobile phone at (754) 209-8428, with an intent to rebuild your confidence at Sorrel River Ranch.

Reviewed 25 April 2021

The Sorrel River Ranch Resort is certainly not the luxury resort it once was known for, unfortunately, our recent experience mimics the other very unsatisfied reviews. The property is beautiful against the stunning backdrop of 360-degree views, however, the service and overall guest experience is far from acceptable.
Their website is very appealing with detail about all the amenities such as their EPIC bar, River Grill, Mercantile Store, and activities, however, this is false advertising at it’s finest. The EPIC bar does not have a cocktail menu and the bartender has been bartending for a total of seven days. They do not restock the alcohol so if you like something, you may not be able to get it again during your stay. The wine list is devoid of fine wine options, after the first night, we made sure to stop in town to bring our own wine (happily paying the $25 corkage) and contemplated purchasing our own wine glasses as their only option was what would resemble a port wine glass. The River Grill menu doesn’t even come close to the menu online, in fact, it completely lacks appetizers or soups, it doesn’t change, they have no specials, it offers a few salad selections and only a few entrée options. While the food tasted good, I’m glad we were not staying for longer than three nights as we would have been out of options. The service (with the exception of Phenix who was awesome) was delayed and dismissive, they are clearly understaffed in numbers as well as experience. We were told that the majority of the staff has changed over within the last three weeks. Leadership is key in any business and I believe that is where the ineptitude starts at Sorrel. We had the worst experience last night with the food and beverage manager, who is apparently too important to be bothered with guest satisfaction, due to his arrogance and indifference, we chose to leave the resort and had a wonderful dinner at The Cowboy Grill at the Red Cliffs Lodge down the road.
Outside of the disappointing gastronomic experience, we were also disappointed that simple things advertised online were not available. The Garden to table Communal dinner was unavailable, though after the River Grill experience, I would not be inclined to attend. Breakfast and Lunch is room service only. The Mercantile is only open 5 days per week starting at 9:30 AM and they do not offer any prepared foods so if you are going on a tour, you should leave early and stop in town for provisions. They tout an amazing spa experience but when we checked in person, they only offer massages, nothing else.
I can understand having a few issues and working out the kinks given COVID, but this is far from what is advertised and not worth the spend. The rooms are nice, and the views are spectacular, if their leadership and management improves it may be worth another look. I think it's important to keep in mind, when you stop caring about your customers, they stop caring about you.

1  Thank 339stephenied

Dear 339stephenied,

I want to thank you for taking the time to provide the details of your experience. While I cannot turn the hands of time back, I remain hopeful that you will give me an opportunity to speak with you and permit me to rebuild your confidence at Sorrel. My direct contact information is md@sorrelriver.com, or you may call me on my mobile phone at (754) 209-8428. May I request that you also assist me in being able to identify your stay, as we have not been able to locate the stay details.

Reviewed 24 April 2021 via mobile

First of all, we originally had a reservation for 7:00 p.m., which they called the day before to change to 7:30 p.m. The reservation was confirmed the day before to be 7:30, but when we arrived, we were told that we were a half an hour late and that our reservation was actually still for 7 pm. We were supposed to sit on the porch, but they had given away our reserved table. We were seated by a very nice lady who was very accommodating, however, she seated us and proceeded to tell us that this was her first time waiting tables and that she had not yet been trained. She apologized that the kitchen was overwhelmed tonight. Looking around the room, it was barely one third filled. The first thing that we noticed was that the music was extremely loud and was a selection of '80s Rock and hair band music, specifically David Bowie and Whitesnake, in a seemingly fancy restaurant. Several people, including ourselves, complained about the volume. After some time, they figured out how to turn the volume down. The host was dressed in a collection of plaid: plaid shirt, plaid vest, plaid pants, and black sneakers with white bottoms. The menu was sparse and boring with no specials in sight. Looking around, the decor made no sense at all. There was a large harshly lit chandelier contraption hanging in the middle of the room. Between the marble floor and tin ceiling, it was like eating dinner in a coffee can. There was a large picture of a horse flanked by two 6 ft statues that looked like aliens. AND NOW ... the food: the only appetizers were salads and a cauliflower soup. Apparently, the chef does not know how to make appetizers. Apparently, the chef's favorite garnish is watercress, because it was on everything. I ordered one of the few salads, and it came covered in bread crumbs that looked and tasted like sawdust. Perhaps the prep chef also works in the wood shop. We ordered duck with pine nut risotto. What arrived, was undercooked duck with watercress, of course, on a bed of pine nuts. The risotto was MIA. Now, I cook. And I know how much pine nuts cost. There were about $15 worth of pine nuts under this undercooked duck. No vegetables. No starch. Just lonely duck accompanied by pine nuts. At this point, we decided to cut our losses before dessert. Before tip, the bill was $240 for three people who don't drink. Talking to another group of guests on the way out, they were equally horrified by the crappy service and lousy food. Unfortunately for them, they have a two-night stay. We felt bad for them and recommended some other restaurants. For us, at least it was only dinner.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank liamhM5235QL

Dear liamhM5235QL,

Thank you for bring your recent dining experience to my attention. There is no excuse for these shortcomings in service and poor communication. I can see that you made a special trip to enjoy our dining facilities and I'm sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. Please contact Jean Francois, our food and beverage director, who will be happy to take care of your next reservation, and ensure that all expectations are met. Jean Francois may be reached at fandbdirector@sorrelriver.com. I look forward to personally meeting you in the not so distant future.

Warmest Regards,