“A+ Spring Break”
Review of Rim Tours

Rim Tours
Ranked #8 of 111 Outdoor Activities in Moab
More attraction details
Owner description: Would you like to ride your mountain bike on super sweet trails in some of the most beautiful locations in the western US? Would you like fun, experienced and knowledgeable guides to show you the way on the trail, cook up incredible food at the end of the day, and teach you things you never knew about? You should join us on a Rim Tours Mountain Bike Adventure!Since 1985 Rim Tours has earned our reputation by offering the very best professionally guided mountain bike trips to Utah's Canyon country, Colorado's Rocky Mountains, Arizona's Grand Canyon and Sonoran Desert and Oregon's central Cascade Mountains. Our tours showcase the most beautiful and pristine backcountry locations in the Western United States and our experienced staff will ensure that your time spent with us is a vacation to remember. We have pioneered backcountry biking tours with your safety and enjoyment our highest priority. Our backcountry ethic assures minimal impact from our travels so others may return time and again to unspoiled wilderness.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We hired Rim Tours as a private tour. We have 3 young girls (10, 9, 9) who’ve only biked smooth, rolling Michigan trails. Noel gave excellent instruction and it was great to watch their skills and confidence grow. Dead Horse was BEAUTIFUL! The lunch provided was great. Would highly recommend the private guide; worth every penny.

All reviews
"road bike"
in 4 reviews
"camping gear"

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We are from Indianapolis, IN so not much mountain biking experience. I thought about trying have this experience in a more economical way but got overwhelmed with renting bikes, where to go, how to manage/teach my kids (age 11 and 13). Brooks was OUTSTANDING with the kids (and quite frankly my husband and I as well), explaining what was coming up and how to handle it without being condescending. He taught us techniques and gave us some great options. Beautiful views. The bikes were great. Half day tour was plenty. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We went on a fantastic, private mountain biking excursion with Rim Tours’ awesome guide Dave with our two boys, 11 and 14. It was one of the highlights of our trip to Arches/Moab, Zion and Bryce Canyon. Dave knew a lot about the area and was keen to share his knowledge on our drive out to Dead Horse Point State Park. He was an awesome guide as he quickly assessed our ability (and potential given this was only our “2nd” time mountain biking!) and provided a great balance of challenging and instructing us yet making it fun and being patient and relaxed. Cant reco this company and Dave as a guide highly enough!

1  Thank Izzy123
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I went with my two teenage sons and we were joined by another family with 2 teenage boys. Our guides were Michael and Dave. We did the western loop at Dead Horse. It was a perfect length of good 3 hours of solid riding. It was a nice blend of fast and rolling sections and technical rock climbing. We had a nice stop at a canyon overlook that seemed like we were the only ones in the canyon. The bikes were top notch full suspension with drop post seats. Our guides took great care of us and let us try challenging climbs as often as we wanted.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I booked a birthday trip for my husband and me that was 3 days of riding with Rim Tours. My husband is a really skilled rider, and I'm more low-intermediate, so we had really different needs. Maria in the office was able to give me fantastic suggestions. She was so helpful and spent loads of time with me answering questions and making sure that I chose the right trips for my husband's solo rides and the right level for our ride together. Curtis loved his guides, Sam and Brian, and they went on routes that were adventurous and technical and loads of fun. When Curtis and I went together, our amazing guide Michael knew just where to take us so that Curtis could have fun and play around on some technical stuff but I could also feel comfortable. I was really happy with the quality of the trails we did and the flexibility to change course if we wanted to try something more difficult. We had a private tour, so that level of flexibility was really easy for us. I will definitely be using this company again. The bikes we had were really great (they use Santa Cruz bikes, but since I ride an XS, I had a Liv Embolden, which was a great bike for me...I'm even considering buying one now). That is not always the case when you rent bikes, and we thought about bringing our own, but Rim Tours really does use bikes that are great for the Moab trails, and they maintain them really well. This company gets my highest recommendation.

Been to Rim Tours? Share your experiences!