“great foccacias; curt service”
Review of Liguria Bakery

Liguria Bakery
Ranked #16 of 115 Bakeries in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I live in the neighborhood and for the longest time, I didn't know the bakery was opened because I'd only walk by it late afternoon or in the evenings.
It's pretty much just opened for a few hours in the morning until it sells out, ususally around 11a-Noon and it closes for the day.
The foccacias can be frozen and baked later; they ARE as good as everyone says they are, and reasonably priced too.
Don't expect to be able to eat in there; you grab and go.
Service is also curt most days; they're not the friendliest except to a couple of customers they know very well.

3  Thank jocelynlee

Reviewed 10 December 2011

Early means before 10am!! We got there around 11 after a leisurly breakfast and a climb up Coit tower and it was too late. Most of the foccacias were sold out. We bought a raisin and a rosemary one. They were both fantastic but our friends told us that these weren't the best flavors. I wonder how much better it could get.
It was an old fashioned family owned Italian bakery where the woman up fron knew our friends name and we recieved a very warm welcome.

1  Thank AGold25
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Went there on a food tour and could not stop eating the different foccacios. This bakery is a not to miss spot!

Reviewed 29 November 2011

Wow, I LOVE these focaccias, especially the jalapenos & cheddar and the raisins. We had those as well as the pizza and rosemary and garlic. But these paled in comparison to the jalapenos, and the raisins. Liar's cookies are crispy thin strips of deep fried dough generously sprinkled with powdered sugar, what's not to love. We inhaled a box before the lady at the counter could wrap up our focaccias. I came back the next day but I was too late, they sold out. Oh well, my bulging body thank you all for purchasing them before I did.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

Go to this bakery on 1700 Stockton/Filbert early for a delightful treat. It was the BEST Foccacia I have had since my Sicilian grandmother made it us in the 60's. When they sell out, they close for the day. It's just east of St. Peter and Paul's Church and you can enjoy it while watching tai chi in Washington Square.